The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

6 hours ago, Neil said:

Scottish independence is a question of if, not when,

when=2023: according to @Comfy Beanin this thread.

The direction of travel over the past couple of decades is only heading in one direction.

The younger generation are in favour so I don’t expect the general direction to change although I expect recent events will see a pause.

I don’t think Scotland will be independent in 2023. 

The camper van shenanigans I’m afraid don’t disqualify Scotland from being capable of running her own affairs and neither does the conduct (alleged) of a few individuals.

If…..we we’re currently independent we’d be looking at a Labour government, if we didn’t already have one of course.

55 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

The direction of travel over the past couple of decades is only heading in one direction.

The younger generation are in favour so I don’t expect the general direction to change although I expect recent events will see a pause.

I don’t think Scotland will be independent in 2023. 

The camper van shenanigans I’m afraid don’t disqualify Scotland from being capable of running her own affairs and neither does the conduct (alleged) of a few individuals.

If…..we we’re currently independent we’d be looking at a Labour government, if we didn’t already have one of course.

Being as shit as the tories disqualifies Scotland from being anything better.

I hear humza is going to tell sunak to respect Scotland,. I hope sunak tells him to fuck off back to Scotland and respect the uk and the terms of the devolution settlement.

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

I hear humza is going to tell sunak to respect Scotland,. I hope sunak tells him to fuck off back to Scotland and respect the uk and the terms of the devolution settlement.

Rishi & Neil. Team UK.

9 minutes ago, LJS said:

Rishi & Neil. Team UK.

I'm just pointing out that humzas reported request is part of a two way street, a bit less of the me,me,me, special me, from the sg would be good.

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

If humza doesn't respect devolution

Your definition of respecting devolution appears to be a one way street which consists of Westminster having a veto over anything Rishi doesn't like.

The Scottish government is just joining refugees and Trans folk as the bad guys in  the Tories' culture wars.

And you fall for it because your enemy's enemy is your friend.

Edited by LJS

The devolution settlement doesn't allow the sg to ignore westminster laws, if so, there is no devolution settlement and no  SG. the SNP are on hold until the fraud is cleared up.

Edited by Neil

10 minutes ago, LJS said:

Your definition of respecting devolution appears to be a one way street which consists of Westminster having a veto over anything Rishi doesn't like.

The Scottish government is just joining refugees and Trans folk as the bad guys in  the Tories' culture wars.

I see you have your own list to invalidate the SG and humza.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

The devolution settlement doesn't allow the sg to ignore westminster laws, if so, there is no devolution settlement and no  SG. the SNP are on hold until the fraud is cleared up.

Other interpretations are available.

20 minutes ago, LJS said:

Other interpretations are available.

There's no interepatoin, only self serving fantasies, where Scots make it up for themselves, like how it didnt say once in a generation in the white paper or tell the Scottish people themselves that they can't have democracy, as they did when they rejected the settled view of Scotland .

19 minutes ago, Neil said:

Not sure anyone can treat the delusions of a whole country 

I tend to agree. The UK is probably beyond help. I mean they keep voting in Tory governments when it's plain to see they are a bunch of crooks & charlatans.

27 minutes ago, LJS said:

I tend to agree. The UK is probably beyond help. I mean they keep voting in Tory governments when it's plain to see they are a bunch of crooks & charlatans.

Just like Scots keep voting SNP when it's obvious they're a bunch of crooks and charlatons. Trying to win Indy with hollow promises of extra riches.

8 hours ago, LJS said:

Hmmmm when will the SNPs audited account be available exactly?

No fan of the Tories but its a bit rich for SNP to call other parties crooks at the moment.

21 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Hmmmm when will the SNPs audited account be available exactly?

No fan of the Tories but its a bit rich for SNP to call other parties crooks at the moment.

lack of self awareness - same as humza going to sunak and asking that Scotland is respected!

21 hours ago, LJS said:

I think this line is incredibly dismissive of the abuse refugees and trans folk suffer. It completely ignores the fact that what refugees and trans folk face isn't out of their own choices. In addition, the attacks on refugees and trans folk include direct, frequent assaults, supported on and cheered by the mass media and a large number of celebrities.

This is a deeply unfair equivalency to make.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

I think this line is incredibly dismissive of the abuse refugees and trans folk suffer. It completely ignores the fact that what refugees and trans folk face isn't out of their own choices. In addition, the attacks on refugees and trans folk include direct, frequent assaults, supported on and cheered by the mass media and a large number of celebrities.

This is a deeply unfair equivalency to make.

In no way am I saying that these things are equivalent and I completely agree that there is no equivalence between the treatment received by refugees & trans folk and the way they Tory government appears too be trying to undermine the devolution settlement.

Apart from anything else, governments are better able too defend themselves than opposed minorities.

However, that doesn't mean the Tories aren't linking them all up in their attempt to whip up their culture wars nonsense.