2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a few acts along the lines of Libertines would make or break the festival. If it is true that GFL have had some problems with headliners, then I hope they get the likes of Leonard, Libs etc rather than a default option along the lines of Kasabian, KoL, Radiohead. Not that I have any problem with those three (other than KoL), I just like to see a slightly different line up at Glastonbury.... good without being shit.

I would heart that Saturday night.

Can't see Leonard doing it unfortunately. He doesn't seem to be a big fan of the festivals these days, and was at Glasto recently.

I think a few acts along the lines of Libertines would make or break the festival. If it is true that GFL have had some problems with headliners, then I hope they get the likes of Leonard, Libs etc rather than a default option along the lines of Kasabian, KoL, Radiohead. Not that I have any problem with those three (other than KoL), I just like to see a slightly different line up at Glastonbury.... good without being shit.

Yeah but the other two Park Stage appearances really don't count. Especially given how much they've upped their light show etc during the last tour, seeing them these days is very much an audiovisual experience.

Anyway from your post I might be preaching to the converted but considering we've had Coldplay and Muse headline twice in the intervening period, Radiohead are our most critically acclaimed band and it's about time they headlined again. The festival only needs one "unique" booking IMO, as long as the other two aren't landfill rubbish like KoL or Mumford I'd be happy enough.

They don't really. One was Thom and Jonny doing a few songs in the Park. The other was an impromptu appearance for an hour where they did mostly songs from the new album (plus a few from In Rainbows).

I was lucky enough to be on the rail in front of Thom for the 2011 gig but for most people they could barely see anything as they were so far back and due to the speaker set up of the Park couldn't really hear that much either.

It's not remotely comparable to a 22 song, career spanning set at night with the full light show as they've been playing at other festivals.

Edited by fatyeti24

other festivals get the same as everybody else. what Glastonbury has had in the last two festivals is two one-offs. you couldn't pay to see those gigs again even if you wanted to.

want to see a '22 song, career spanning set at night with the full light show', then buy a ticket for one of their gigs. want to see something a bit special, a bit different, go to Glastonbury.

Edited by FloorFiller