Park, spesh guests on friday...

Guest cejx

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt this means anything (and I know it would be a long shot for them to even make it here) but the Arcade Fire film is premiering at Glastonbury on Thursday in the Future Shorts part of the cinema (the shorts 'support' the feature films). They could only be on the Saturday, but seeing as this has sort of become the main special guests thread I thought it was worth mentioning.

Edited by 123ginge

Probably going to get shot down for saying this on this forum, but as much as I love Radiohead (really, I do), if they turned up and just played King of Limbs I'd find myself a little disappointed. It might be an exclusive but the album is pretty poor compared to their very high standards.

probably nothing in this, but...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/glastonbury-2011

the Glastonbury 2011 band tracker ("The most popular acts appearing at Glastonbury 2011, according to internet buzz") on that page had Radiohead listed. as i was looking, it changed and disappeared. replaced by Coldplay.

happened right before my eyes.

The top ten Glastonbury acts truly damages my faith in the people.

On topic: Seasick Steve and JPJ (and Jack White?) would make me a very happy man. I swear Steve said he was performing, Mr. White always performs regardless and throwing JPJ into the mix would be extremely tasty.

On topic: Seasick Steve and JPJ (and Jack White?) would make me a very happy man. I swear Steve said he was performing, Mr. White always performs regardless and throwing JPJ into the mix would be extremely tasty.

Bought this weeks NME on the way home from work (got it a day early!), in the opening bit by Micheal Eavis he quotes "And The Park stage secret acts? I can't say anything about those, but there's nothing bigger, I can tell you. I'm not saying anything else!"

About 20 people playing this year are asked 'What will be this year's big Glasto moment?' Guy Garveys reply is "Well the special guest will be a highlight." (note guest not guests...)

The above gives nothing away does it!? Except saying they will be big!?!

Edited by crapfrenchcars

This thread has made me nostalgic for the special guest conversations on here from years gone by, with such golden nuggets as:

"Eavis says one of the special guests is absolutely huge. My money's on The Klaxons."

"I don't want to jinx it but Biffy Clyro have got a huge Glastonbury shaped hole in their schedule - and they have a real history with the festiva!"

And who can forget the classic "if half of Supergrass don't turn up and start doing p1ss poor covers, I'm never going to Glastonbury again!"?

This thread has made me nostalgic for the special guest conversations on here from years gone by, with such golden nuggets as:

"Eavis says one of the special guests is absolutely huge. My money's on The Klaxons."

"I don't want to jinx it but Biffy Clyro have got a huge Glastonbury shaped hole in their schedule - and they have a real history with the festiva!"

And who can forget the classic "if half of Supergrass don't turn up and start doing p1ss poor covers, I'm never going to Glastonbury again!"?