YOU are headling the Pyramid Stage on Saturday night and you close with a cover

Guest robith

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're gonna round off the Pyramid you've got to do it with something everybody knows so they can all join in.

So I'd go for Stairway B)

or alternatively, you're only here once, why not pick something you love and bollocks to the rest of 'em if they don't know it.

Motley Crue - Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)

Queen - We Will Rock You!

Great thread, ended up having a 15 minute conversation with the other half about it, That Smell Lynyrd Skynyrd was his final decision :)

For my poignant lighter driven singalong finale I would go with Behind Blue Eyes ( full Length Who version) or Man Of The World with a couple of guest stars walking in at the change.

I'd probably go for anything by Jeff Buckley, maybe "Lover, you should have come over" just because it's such an amazing song I'd need to share it with everyone

I'd want to something I can actually sing and play quite well so it's got to be Grateful Dead - I'm going to go for Morning Dew and I would really make it build and build to a massive crescendo - just like the Dead did on their better nights. It would make up for the Dead's absence at Glastonbury over the years and be a perfect tribute to Garcia.

I would finally get the entire place singing along to "Don't Worry 'Bout Me" by the Wildhearts. It would go on and on and on and on and on and on and on forever, sung at every possible opportunity everywhere everybody was.

Olympian by Gene

I'd have cannons blasting gold bits of tape all over the audience in a vain attempt to recreate the atmosphere in the tent (Melody Maker at the time, I think) at Reading in about '96. That might be the only time I've ever cried real salt-tears in joy. My face ached from smiling. I'd like to try and do that for other people.

Plus it's one of those great songs with a repeating lyric that you can make last for as long as you want/can and I'd want to be up there for as long as I could (they'd definitely have to cut the power on me!).