2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Bit disappointing really. I've only gone for the day the last couple of years, but this year I'm struggling to see even a single day which justifies the price of a ticket...

Kasabian + Florence + Shikari is probably the closest to tempting me, but I've seen Shikari 3 times in the last year, and the last 3 years at Leeds festival! And I feel like I've seen Kasabian many times, although not headlining a festival.

Struggling.

Edited by Lubic87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm disappointed, i think the undercard on all 3 days is dreadful. but like someone said a few pages back, "are you sure R/L is the festival for you?"

i want it to be good because i've been every year since 2003 and i love reading so much, but nowadays Latitude, Bestival, Green Man etc appeal to me more.

I'm going to Primavera in Porto this year for bands like Beach House, The Flaming Lips, The xx, Tennis, Wavves, Bjork etc. where as I couldn't care less about bands like You Me at Six, all time low, bullet for my valentine, coheed etc.

it's a shame but i think it's time to move on

Do we think that under The Cribs might be NOFX given that Billy Talent. ATDI also on same day as do they look a cert for lock up headliner now? Also am sure Kaiser Chiefs are in their own font on the line up compared to Vaccines or BBC which makes me think that Tenacious D are going in either 3rd from top on Friday or 3rd Saturday

I think i've been harsh... saying that i hate the main, whilst the friday is sensational... i do happen to love

all the nme acts so far bar Miike Snow and SBRKRT or what ever it is cause ive never listenned to em.

I'm happy enough with the lineup, but I think there have been too many repeat bookings this year. Since I've been going to Reading (since 2009), I can only count 9 bands on this years lineup that haven't played Reading since I've been going (not including the headliners, but there is no way headliners would be repeated in such quick succession, unless you're T in the Par of V!). Those bands are: The Black Keys, Angels and Airwaves, The Shins, BFMV, At The Drive In, Justice, and the rest of the dance stage except for Metronomy.

I also think some bands are too highly placed, such as Bombay Bicycle Club and The Vaccines (though I'd imagine they'll go down a place when Tenacious D get announced. But still, three really strong headliners and subs, and the NME tent this year looks pretty strong. I thought BFMV were bigger than 4th and thought Metronomy were too big for Dance Stage.

So overall, nothing mind blowing, but still pretty solid, and is a lot better than last year!