2012 Olympics

Guest chappiepunk

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London took it all in its stride and I thought there was a great atmosphere in the city. All the transport worked fine, it was easy to get around, the pubs were full with flags and tourists, people were smiling and even the weather wasn't *that* shit.

I thought these olympics were fun, friendly, enthusiastic, ambitious, inclusive, entertaining, and exciting.

Mo winning the 10 and 5 thousand meters was an iconic moment of the games and in the history of British sport. a symbol of modern British multiculturalism and an embodiment of what these games had at their heart.

emotional stuff

Edited by Ed209

Murray and Chris Hoy should be in with a shout as well.

Murray finalist at Wimbledon, and Olympic gold and silver

Hoy won two golds, 6 in his career

I would go for:

Wiggo (nailed on I reckon, at least should be, to win the TDF alone should guarantee him the award)

Hoy

Murray or Mo or Ainslee

I think they used the phrase "best games ever" at every Olympics, which made saying it totally pointless. Then they got to Atlanta which clearly was not the best games ever, so they couldn't really say it. And I believe since then they never say "best games ever" which seems sensible to me!