thieving bastards

Guest guypjfreak

there are always some that go out to rob and im pleased to say A that its not so bad nowadays and B most get caught but wot do think should happen to them ..??

me id like to see them put up on stage in stocks like the old days and before the bands come on get rotten veg throne at them how about you ? :lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the Castlemoreton Free Festival in '92 (arguably the UK's biggest ever free party) a mugger was caught red handed after several muggings. He had been targeting drug dealers.He was forcibly filled with various illegal substances, ranted at by various colourful and imaginative folk while being "contained" and then dragged around the festival site with a noose around his neck surrounded by a large posse all chanting "hang the mugger". he was eventually released into the countryside just wearing his boxers. his black bmw had already been burnt out by then.

i wonder if he ever mugged again?

At the Castlemoreton Free Festival in '92 (arguably the UK's biggest ever free party) a mugger was caught red handed after several muggings. He had been targeting drug dealers.He was forcibly filled with various illegal substances, ranted at by various colourful and imaginative folk while being "contained" and then dragged around the festival site with a noose around his neck surrounded by a large posse all chanting "hang the mugger". he was eventually released into the countryside just wearing his boxers. his black bmw had already been burnt out by then.

i wonder if he ever mugged again?

there are always some that go out to rob and im pleased to say A that its not so bad nowadays and B most get caught but wot do think should happen to them ..??

me id like to see them put up on stage in stocks like the old days and before the bands come on get rotten veg throne at them how about you ? :lol:

Strip them of all there belonings...chain them by the ankles and make them walk a full circuit of the site with " I am a thieving bastard sign round there necks,drive them out of the site into very quiet area of somerset and dump them with nothing but the clothes they were wearing....

If Glastonbury was a microcosm of society where the general population made up their own rules, laws and punishments to live by thieves would have a pretty hard time. And if these are the punishments for attacks on property what punishments will people be proposing for attacks on people?

I think they should make it an event....

They should build stands overlooking the poo-pit here then use cranes or something to dip them in there when is full of shit... feet in first... upside down is a bit harsh and doesnt even cover them lol.

Also have one of those entretainers from the circus bit to interview them and humilliate them... then dip them as they are interviewing another... hahaha... that'd be so funny, I could sit there to have a smoke and have a beer, the smell would be a bit gross but not as what the thieves would have to experience... instead of releasing them afterwards they should spend a night in an outside prison so people passing by can insult them, if they insult back or say anything a tank full of urine above them gets released and they get covered in it.

Oh... also have a set of bins in the prison and force them to keep it clean, basically.... people can throw stuff at them all night long and they'd have to pick it up and put it in the right bin, haha, way more interesting than finding a bin.

hehe :)

All this is fine, but won't happen.

Fixed panalty ?? - they will just nick more stuff to pay it.

Plod should lock them up off-site - would just need a few mobile jail vans and some basic facilities - ie, water, toilets. Porridge for morning, a big pot of school dinner stew for afternoon. sit in the van bored for the rest of the days.

Then....on Tuesday, they get detailed to do unpaid litter picking/topilet cleaning/bin storage in the week after the festival - no choice, thats your penalty. Do it or your off to court for worse.

As others have said, locking up petty thieves just costs us all more, and feeds/shelters them for free.

HiVis jackets and community work is the only way forward for lo-cost payback. Sweep the pavements, clean the roads, paint railings, garden in council owned flats....whatever.

Edited by beodeejay

Grumpyhack has it right. All this talk of lynching makes me feel sick. What about observing the rule of law? Talk of foreably administrating hauliegenic drugs, playing horrible music at people, cruel and unusual punishments without a trial - that doesn't sound like a music festival about peace and love. That sounds like fuking Gitmo. Those invovled in the punishment doled out to that mugger should be ashamed of themselves, and the rest of those who really advoate similar should take a long look at themselves - frankly, you are as bad as that mugger.

Edited by sifi