Biffy Clyro

Guest bekimo

Biffy are my favourite band (hence the username) and I understand why people annoyed at them headlining a metal festival. In terms of their material they have enoug to pick from to hopefully please the Sonisphere crowd. I'm a bit worried but also looking forward to see how it goes and especially the setlist they come out with. They're going to have play from their first 3 albums mainly and barr Cloud of Stink and That Golden Rule maybe stay completely away from Only Revolutions.

In terms of their live performances, although they have a very modest stage set-up for what they do which is just rock out they do well. They tend to steer away from a mainstream type 'show' when playing live.

Anyway good luck to them. :)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biffy are my favourite band (hence the username) and I understand why people annoyed at them headlining a metal festival. In terms of their material they have enoug to pick from to hopefully please the Sonisphere crowd. I'm a bit worried but also looking forward to see how it goes and especially the setlist they come out with. They're going to have play from their first 3 albums mainly and barr Cloud of Stink and That Golden Rule maybe stay completely away from Only Revolutions.

In terms of their live performances, although they have a very modest stage set-up for what they do which is just rock out they do well. They tend to steer away from a mainstream type 'show' when playing live.

Anyway good luck to them. :)

Does it really matter where else they play? It said exclusively headline their first festival, still stands as sonisphere being their first major fest headline slot. Wakestock is the day after and another kili event, one which isn't even really about the music and also has pretty little crossover, Kili probably booked them for both to secure them over other festivals (T in the P, Reading in particular). So they might be doing Glasto as well? Does it matter? Glasto sold out months ago and sells out on the basis of NO line up information, so it's hardly going to steal customers from Soni is it because people trying to go to Glasto are already going.

If you are a fan of Biffy, the best place to see them would be Sonisphere, because it's a proper headline set, if you aren't a fan then why complain if they play elsewhere? Especially when it's somewhere that doesn't matter, and another festival which has no other crossover with sonisphere and isn't really a proper festival and is the same weekend so going to both isn't an option.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a real shame you haven't seen them play what some might say are there better songs as on the current tour they are playing:

Joy Disocvery

All the Way Down

Diary of Always

Jaggy Snake

Glitter and Trauma

Justboy

Some of these songs I've not seen for a few years.