Biffy Clyro

Guest bekimo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had 2 people message me to say Biffy is going to be announced?

Anyone else hear anything on this?

:S that is incredibly odd.

Radio 1 have just said that Paramore, Blink 182, MCR are playing festivals. 2 for download, 1 for Sonisphere. Unless Biffy have got it mistaken and they are headlining the friday night (like Alice Cooper) then I could see more day tickets (for Slipknot) being sold than weekend tickets.

Its a very strange one to have as a headline act!

Biffy will be headlining the 2nd stage.

I've watched this band 15 times since 2006 and saw them on Friday in front of 11,000 people at Manchester Central and said to my friends that I can only see this band getting much bigger, they ae destined to headline festivals as they raight catchy songs, they got one of the biggest crowds of the weekend at Reading and Leeds last year.

They are certainly big enough to headline Sonisphere's 2nd stage.

confirmed on soni twitter and site for THE MAIN STAGE

http://uk.sonispherefestivals.com/news/sonisphere-says-%E2%80%9C%E2%80%98mon-the-biffy%E2%80%9D/

Biffy Clyro join the summer in their first major festival performance...

— Sonisphere (@Sonisphere)

Edited by lharris92

Loads of people will go mad about this but Biffy are much more popular than bands like Faith no More/Manowar that people were talking about as headliners.

Its a gamble from the organisers but I remember people saying Kings of Leon weren't big enough to headline Glastonbury before becoming one of most popular bands on the planet. I saw lots of people at the Biffy gig on Friday that i never thought I would see at a Biffy gig.

Whatever people may think about them musically, Biffy will sell tickets.

damn was really hoping for Foo Fighters but it seems they are headlining T in the park over the same weekend so prob unlikely. Think Biffy will be good but a big let down as Saturday headliner. They should def try and book Foo Fighters, Rise Against, Chevelle, Flyleaf, In Fear And Faith, Three Days Grace, Underoath, Jimmy Gnecco, Slash and Tenacious D