Biffy Clyro

Guest bekimo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otherwise I may just not bother, But after getting a decent repuation the last two years with another cracking name in Slipknot I just think its really Really Stupid :angry:

Second Stage I could understand growing band and with a few hits but Headlining and has seriously Put me right off but then again if they got Tool, Pearl Jam or Blink then I would definatly be going! :)

I've seen Biffy twice - safe to say, they're an amazing live band.

Heard the latest arena setup has been good!

It's about time someone gave them the chance, even though it's definitely a bit of a gamble. They went down like a storm at Leeds this year. They were playing underneath QOTSA if I remember right and though QOTSA are one of my favourite bands, I couldn't help but feel Biffy would've fit their slot more.

I'm not saying QOTSA weren't good. They were incredible, one of the best live sets I've ever seen. But Biffy definitely have more hits with the current festival audience. Though maybe that doesn't apply as a big factor with Sonisphere, since it's a completely different audience.

Well I have managed to calm down a bit now. And as I am not hugely bothered about them, I will watch them, from the back with a tray of chips. You are very welcome to join my "watching the headliner but not really that fussed" picnic party if you like.

I have come to terms that I could be paying £150 just to see Slipknot (well mainly corey!) but hey, I've spent £150 on worse stuff before!!

Edited by spwan-of-the-devil

I think Biffy will be a great headliner. Ive seen them over a dozen times since 2001, and have never seen a bad performance from them, they are even better live with Mike Vennart on second geetar, adds a real depth to their live set. they wont disappoint.

the setlist when I saw them last week was more or less perfect, plenty of old stuff.

I think Biffy will be a great headliner. Ive seen them over a dozen times since 2001, and have never seen a bad performance from them, they are even better live with Mike Vennart on second geetar, adds a real depth to their live set. they wont disappoint.

the setlist when I saw them last week was more or less perfect, plenty of old stuff.

I don't think it is necessarily a bad move to have somebody totally different on who has never headlined Download or Sonisphere before.

However, I don't really think booking Biffy to headline is a massive coup. They have toured so much over the last few years that anybody who had any interest in them could have seen them multiple times by now. They've been around so much I can't see people falling over themselves to book tickets at festival prices. The majority of their fans would be more V and R/L than Sonisphere from what I've seen at their own gig.

Anybody going to the Foo Fighters gigs the week before will also see them in a support slot. Just seems strange to book a band to headline that turn up everywhere and are a support act the week before at two massive shows just up the road.

I think the booking of Linkin Park for the millionth time at Download and Biffy being booked for Sonisphere is a worrying sign for the two festivals, there are just not the headline bands about to keep playing without going in for repeat bookings or headliners who aren't overly strong.

I don't think it is necessarily a bad move to have somebody totally different on who has never headlined Download or Sonisphere before.

However, I don't really think booking Biffy to headline is a massive coup. They have toured so much over the last few years that anybody who had any interest in them could have seen them multiple times by now. They've been around so much I can't see people falling over themselves to book tickets at festival prices. The majority of their fans would be more V and R/L than Sonisphere from what I've seen at their own gig.

Anybody going to the Foo Fighters gigs the week before will also see them in a support slot. Just seems strange to book a band to headline that turn up everywhere and are a support act the week before at two massive shows just up the road.

I think the booking of Linkin Park for the millionth time at Download and Biffy being booked for Sonisphere is a worrying sign for the two festivals, there are just not the headline bands about to keep playing without going in for repeat bookings or headliners who aren't overly strong.

I agree, there seems to be a lack of headline bands avaialble and only bands making a comeback are normally something out of the usual cycle of bands doing the festival rounds.

I guess it depends on who Sonisphere book underneath Biffy regarding ticket sales, maybe they are looking to book more rock bands on one of the days than metal this year with the moving of the festival earlier in the year and to attract some fans who would normally go to Reading and Leeds?

Maybe Sonisphere is looking to book bands like Weezer, The Offspring this year?

Reading and Leeds fans are getting more pissed off each year with the line up becoming more like V?

Seen Biffy twice and quite like em (Check the name!!!) but was disappointed both time. Having been promised a greatest hits set they chose to just play puzzle. So I've seen them play puzzle twice.

I personally think they're no where near big enough to headline (except in the MCR Lostprophets sense)

Biffy are supporting Foos at their MK shows and sure they will be second on the bill at T to the foos.

They're a good second but not a headline act. Sorry!

Seen Biffy twice and quite like em (Check the name!!!) but was disappointed both time. Having been promised a greatest hits set they chose to just play puzzle. So I've seen them play puzzle twice.

I personally think they're no where near big enough to headline (except in the MCR Lostprophets sense)

Biffy are supporting Foos at their MK shows and sure they will be second on the bill at T to the foos.

They're a good second but not a headline act. Sorry!

To be fair, I think they thought they had more time at T so said classic set when interviewed. Mid set you could see the singer going mad at someone by the side of the stage!! Guessing they got less time than they'd originally thought (or was promised)

Sonis too far for me to go as I live in Edinburgh so reckon i'll be foos all the way.

2008 they were 5th down main stage at TITP and Reading,

2009 they were 5th down main stage at V,

then this year they made the jump up to 3rd at TITP and Reading and now a couple of months later they've been given a festival headline slot?

Shouldn't they have done the rounds as a sub first? thats usually what acts do, when in the past the acts who've got the sudden push up like Lost Prophets and Feeder [both at Download] they've done it and its usually been ill recieved then they fall down the bill again. I just worry that the same may happen to Biffy, can you see Biffy returning to Reading next year as headliner? Thats the question that needs to be asked. I hope they succeed , they're a great act but theres been Franz Ferdinands, Kaiser Cheifs, Razorlights and the rest who have proved the sudden rush to the top can sometimes fail.

Kasabian subbed fests for years and then made the push to headliner and I think they've cemented themselves as headliners now, I can't see them dipping back down again now. Hope Biffy make it as established main stagers.

2008 they were 5th down main stage at TITP and Reading,

2009 they were 5th down main stage at V,

then this year they made the jump up to 3rd at TITP and Reading and now a couple of months later they've been given a festival headline slot?

Shouldn't they have done the rounds as a sub first? thats usually what acts do, when in the past the acts who've got the sudden push up like Lost Prophets and Feeder [both at Download] they've done it and its usually been ill recieved then they fall down the bill again. I just worry that the same may happen to Biffy, can you see Biffy returning to Reading next year as headliner? Thats the question that needs to be asked. I hope they succeed , they're a great act but theres been Franz Ferdinands, Kaiser Cheifs, Razorlights and the rest who have proved the sudden rush to the top can sometimes fail.

Kasabian subbed fests for years and then made the push to headliner and I think they've cemented themselves as headliners now, I can't see them dipping back down again now. Hope Biffy make it as established main stagers.

They subbed this years T in the Park, since Kasabian/Jay-z were Co-Headliners.

and having seen them on this Arena tour, they're definitely ready for a headline slot, they've got the noise to fill such a large area, and they'll bring it. They've supported some of the best bands in the world, and they'll have learnt a few tricks.

They subbed this years T in the Park, since Kasabian/Jay-z were Co-Headliners.

and having seen them on this Arena tour, they're definitely ready for a headline slot, they've got the noise to fill such a large area, and they'll bring it. They've supported some of the best bands in the world, and they'll have learnt a few tricks.