singles thread

ampersand

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girls don't really have male "friends" unless they're gay.

They have "break glass in case of emergency" male friends. You my friend, could be that emergency.

Thats not true at all...infact all my mates at the moment are women!

(Until they find men they want to sleep with , then they don't talk to me until they split with the dickwad they have chosen to date :P)

My advice, get on with having a crack and move swiftly out of friend territory :P

Edited by LondonTom

Girls don't really have male "friends" unless they're gay.

They have "break glass in case of emergency" male friends. You my friend, could be that emergency.

Not true, as well we know. They do use male friendships though for a variety of reasons. And they always know that if they're attractive, the male in question will always be sexually attracted to them. That in-itself is an ego boost.

It's really fucking simple. Women are attracted to confident men. That is, men who are confident in themselves. But they want to be included in that confidence and eventually be part of it. Once they sense that they aren't, they're off. Of course, looks and personal preference come into it, but they're all part of the unique persona that women are deep-routedly attracted to.

On being left by a woman, giving her the insecurity bit will scare her away to the point at which she thinks that you're a moron. Or if she lacks confidence, she'll keep you around as long as you say the right thing. She'll still want the intimacy, while she braves a new world. Staying close friends is a trap that will drain you.

You just have to fuck off and return to the confident person you were, while she turns into an ego-maniac full of female bravado for leaving you. The words 'let her get on with it' are the best I've ever heard. If a woman was truly over you, she'd cut all ties completely insted of dangling bait and then taking the opportunity to chastise you when you react. Just as if they were really into you to begin with, they'll make their way back once they feel your complete absense.

There's some theories on reverse psychology which fit, but they focus upon the idea that a woman leaves entirely because they lose their sexual attraction to you. I disagree. Some women can still be deeply sexually attracted to you, but fear it because they've learned that there are consequences they wish to break free from. Women in this situation tend to avoid indulging their sexuality with someone else and instead look for independence and empowerment in admiring themselves. They don't want to fall and most woman, no matter how bitchy, see sex as an emotional attachment of some kind.

Not true, as well we know. They do use male friendships though for a variety of reasons. And they always know that if they're attractive, the male in question will always be sexually attracted to them. That in-itself is an ego boost.

That in itself is always a minefield. And invariably ends up in the female losing a much valued friend when the male walks away.

And it's far more difficult for an attractive woman to make male friends, because they don't really see her for the person she is. They're distracted by appearances.

Edited by feral chile

Agghh, no wonder I'm single. I'm completely crap at being confident, apart from the confidence that I indeed possess no confidence. Surely there's got to be some woman out there whose attracted to a complete spanner!

That would tend to be older women, who are more self assured, and more tolerant of boyish charm. They'll want to do the looking after and taking charge.

Unless you get one who's insecure and neurotic, having been the victim of previous failed relationships.

Avoid the bunny boilers.

(This isn't really helping, is it?)

Edited by feral chile

Agghh, no wonder I'm single. I'm completely crap at being confident, apart from the confidence that I indeed possess no confidence. Surely there's got to be some woman out there whose attracted to a complete spanner!

Try a different country, as myself and friends have found over here the loudest guy in the club gets the women other places tend to be quite different.

Edited by lost

That would tend to be older women, who are more self assured, and more tolerant of boyish charm. They'll want to do the looking after and taking charge.

Unless you get one who's insecure and neurotic, having been the victim of previous failed relationships.

Avoid the bunny boilers.

(This isn't really helping, is it?)

My last girlfriend was the mother of all bunny boilers. A complete sociopath whose only interest was herself. Believe me I'll not be going out with one of them again. I'd spot them a mile away now.

I wouldn't mind going out with an older woman but wouldn't want to be taken charge of or even looked after and I lost my boyish charm quite some years ago.

My last girlfriend was the mother of all bunny boilers. A complete sociopath whose only interest was herself. Believe me I'll not be going out with one of them again. I'd spot them a mile away now.

I wouldn't mind going out with an older woman but wouldn't want to be taken charge of or even looked after and I lost my boyish charm quite some years ago.

Not all would want to mother you. At least they're more likely to be independent, and less likely to want you to take control.

Unless they're 50 Shades of Grey fans (shudder)

Try a different country, as myself and friends have found over here the loudest guy in the club gets the women other places tend to be quite different.

One of my friends married a Filipino who he met on the net. She is now currently completely dominating him to the point whereby I rarely see him nowadays (nor do my other friends), and she is also very busy spending his money for him. This makes me wary of looking elsewhere. Besides I really would prefer someone from the UK because of shared language, culture etc

Your right about the blokes who shout loudest and have the gift of the gab. I've got two good looking friends who are like that and they seem to run out of shitty sticks to fend the women off with.

Not all would want to mother you. At least they're more likely to be independent, and less likely to want you to take control.

Unless they're 50 Shades of Grey fans (shudder)

Well, I'm 47 myself so need little mothering! So 50 would be within the target area. I don't know (and don't want to know!) what happens in Shades of Grey - especially since you shuddered. I don't mind the not taking control bit though as if I took control it would severely mess somebody's life up. I know because I've done it before - twice.