The Walking Dead

luckysalt

Wow? Incredible? I must be missing something...

Andrea died - finally, yay

Rick stopped seeing shit - finally, yay

Everyone knows the governor is batshit crazy - finally, yay

Apart from the governor shooting everyone in the middle bit, the story still hasn't moved ahead. At one point (when the Woodbury folk entered the prison) I had a brief hope they had left the prison and gone elsewhere. Sadly not.

What else were people expecting? Be interesting to hear.

The Governor was never going to get killed off. He is the best bad guy on tv right now.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the darker side of Carl next season.

It was a season finale, Not a series finale. It set the show up perfectly for season four.

well I thought it was gash. and watched back to back with the new Game of Thrones exposed it for the poorly written, badly executed, over hyped tosh it really is.....

Absolutely this ^ and it's such a shame as I loved the first two series and the start of this one was so promising. It just became so aimless.

What else were people expecting? Be interesting to hear.

The Governor was never going to get killed off. He is the best bad guy on tv right now.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the darker side of Carl next season.

It was a season finale, Not a series finale. It set the show up perfectly for season four.

Must remember to unspoiler these when it's been on over here!

perfectly how? Another series of the prison versus the governor? Essentially in 3 series they are no further forward either physically/location-wise or in the plot than they were at the beginning!

I'd really like to see more of what's going on in the wider world - we only got glimpses this series but there's clearly some infrastructure left out there, so why not explore that a bit more?

The problem the show has now is that with the exception of probably Daryl, there's few characters I really give a shit about. So

another 16 episodes of watching them sit in a prison navel gazing and apparently surviving on fresh air is not an enticing prospect

And it's not that it's cheesy or cliche - I adore Sons of Anarchy for example and sometimes that's cringeworthy! - but it has direction which WD has really lacked. There's no sense that we're heading towards any kind of climax.

What is "the concept"? Any TV show will have a story arc per season - it's not going to run forever. WD has really lacked one this time around. Perhaps the repeated change in producers has taken its toll. It's not like there's a lack of source material.

Astonishing viewing numbers in the States for it. Read on IGN that the "Talking Dead" followup show got more numbers than Thrones over on HBO. Its appeal is absolutely fascinating to me.

HBO is pay per view though. Edited by bunique

Astonishing viewing numbers in the States for it. Read on IGN that the "Talking Dead" followup show got more numbers than Thrones over on HBO. Its appeal is absolutely fascinating to me.

(Am off work so have an excuse...!) Despite the numbers, the general feeling seems to be one of disappointment though.

I think some people completely misunderstand the concept of the walking dead

If not being impressed by poor writing and a lack of direction = misunderstanding the concept, then yes - I am guilty.

There are only so many intererting ways you can squish a skull. and they have used them all now. the sound effects are generic and overused, the fx arent actually that impressive any more. Freddie wong takes more care over the FX in his youtube videos than much of the gore in this series.