The Walking Dead

luckysalt

Agree, nice episode...but did nothing to move the story along. Getting a bit fed up with it now!

+1

they are spinning it out, there was no need to ignore the feud. When it finished I said to mrs t8y "so they just went shopping then?"

I thought it was a great episode. The slower episodes seem like they aren't doing anything but I think it gives the characters more depth so when stuff happens you care more.

The Walking Dead and The Following are my two favourite tv shows.

The following is fucking awful. How anyone can take that show seriously is beyond me. It treats its audience as if they are idiots. This weeks walking dead was alright. I just get the feeling the entire series is basically 3 episodes of "money shots" with loads of bollocks to build up to those money shots.

• Upvote 1

I agree (again!) - next week's is building up to be exciting though. I hope. I liked the parallels of the characters this week, (Hershel/Milton, Daryl/other dude, governor/rick) highlighting Andrea's role as an outsider. That was nicely done. How many episodes left?

Those who have read the novels - how far away are we from those now in terms of plot? I'm assuming stuff actually happens in the novels, unlike the tv show right now...

I agree (again!) - next week's is building up to be exciting though. I hope. I liked the parallels of the characters this week, (Hershel/Milton, Daryl/other dude, governor/rick) highlighting Andrea's role as an outsider. That was nicely done. How many episodes left?

Those who have read the novels - how far away are we from those now in terms of plot? I'm assuming stuff actually happens in the novels, unlike the tv show right now...

TV series has deviated somewhat from comic book. I'd say we're just under 50% of the way through however.

While I still enjoy the show it is becoming less "must see" with each passing episode. I can't help but draw parallels with shows like Heroes and Prison break, which went off the boil after a while, then became tedious, then got cancelled.

I hope that I am proved wrong.

The Governor/Prison storyline in the books has not been realised well in the series. People think a simple black and white comic is limited... the tv show's limitations have been royally exposed IMO. No comparison.

THIS. The second half of this season has been dire IMO.

They have wasted this storyline arc, I can't see the prison arc being past this season. 3 episodes left now, last 2 are meant to be something special though.

New issue of the comic is out tomorrow [well today as its past midnight]

Anyone who hasn't read it, I seriously recommend you do

The Governor/Prison storyline in the books has not been realised well in the series. People think a simple black and white comic is limited... the tv show's limitations have been royally exposed IMO. No comparison.

Since Glenn Mazzarra left it's been rubbish, I can't see Scott Gimple improving things in Series 4 - I think it's time to walk away, already my interest is waning. AMC have killed this just like everything else they buy out.

Actually thinking about it, it was flagging even when Mazzara was still there.

Edited by 5co77ie

The Andrea storyline is boring, and the way the governer is portrayed is stupid (dunno how close to the comics it is?)

I doubt I'm going to bother with the next season, especially if it remains at the prison/woodbury.

Once again, Daryl and Carol and are about the only only characters I don't actively dislike. I dont mind Tyreese too.

Oh man they just showed clips of next weeks finale!

Showed the Governer and about 30+ people all entering the prison grounds but no-one is there, Allen is leading the charge and enters inside the actual prison.

On the advert it shows Governer firing a rocket launcher at the prison tower!