The Walking Dead

luckysalt

I thought they'd actually commissioned the second series before the first one had even been released? There was an interview with one of the actors before it aired on Radio 5 where he said it had already been picked up.

Probably, I was this article this morning and seemed to suggest it given the go ahead after the ratings.

Edited by jump

Thats pretty close to be honest, if anything the TV version is far superior, that comic is a bit blunt, the dialogue in the show was more expanded. The same guy who did the comic has complete control over the show it seems anyway. So anything thats changed he's obviously changed it for the better he believes

I disagree - I think the comic shows he has some idea of what zombies are from the off - only not how the 'disease' spreads. The zombie in the lift and the zombie on the stairs are a much better way of doing it, than the going into a pitch black stairwell with a box of matches. I think it was altered just for the scene where T-Dog shoots the zombie (out of focus).

The Rick and Shane back story about women was laboured and quite frankly rubbish.

Also I prefer the way the zombie outside the police station is dealt with in the comic - "save your ammo" and so Shane runs him down in the police car, and then when he returns to the zombie by the bike the despatch of her is made more poignant. I also think the mass suicide of bible bashers was altered just to appease mainstream American viewers - with much of the coming 'Governor' story sure to be altered then - assuming it's used.

Not sure we needed to see Shane's relationship early, or the fact Rick's wife and kid were even alive.

However I liked the following alterations: adding T-Dog's wife early, the massed bodies outside the hospital with 'head wounds' and the tank addition.

Edited by 5co77ie

• 1 month later...

Last week's episode was a bit off the boil - it's going downhill fast.

I was put of in ep 5 when the Doc let them in, I was hoping for an early introduction into how some people are in it for themselves only.

Still, halfway through the last episode I thought about why they had done it. It was originally commisioned as those 6 episodes, and heading of to Hershall's etc wouldn't have been gripping enough, and the idea of a child learning to shoot and then killing someone would be difficult to swollow for some so quick (especially for those who hadnt read the comic before), so instead they jump forwards to some of the more poingnant things that happen later without ruining the story

• explanation of zombies and how quick it can happen
  • the shower moment
  • desperation of characters
  • descent of morals (attempted rape)
  • hope vs giving up

Ok so it wasn't inline, but it meant a much more powerful season finale (or general finale if it hadn't been recomissioned) and in the end still ends with going off to Hershal's as if it hadn't happened.

Fingers crossed the next series is as good.

I have put bits in white text incase some are watching it and haven't read the comics :)

• 1 year later...

I have no idea where I am up to in terms of series/episode but I have gone completely off this program. Since they found thingy, you know (i can't do spoilers from iPod!!!) there has been

Not much zombie action and too much bullshit storyline. I don't feel for any of the characters apart from the badass brother and have just completely lost interest in it.

Gutted, because I loved the first series.

I've really enjoyed the 2nd series, especially since it returned from its mini-break. Despite it being a zombie show, some of the most tense parts havent really included any walkers. The bar scene in particular was superb.

The barn scene. Utterly brilliant.

agreed - it's always good to feel a response to watching a slaughter of innocents - even if they are the walking dead.

the zombie through the windscreen last week was my favourite so far - I do like to see zombies slicing their own faces off trying to feed, but disappointed the hub cap didn't embed in a manner that doffed a cap to Shaun Of The Dead's 45s.

Pretty pissed off this has restarted without any bloody notice... and the SKY+ series link has not picked it up meaning I have now missed two episodes. Its pissing me off this splitting up of seasons. So cheers for posting this...

I agree with you Kat... The second series really needs to get better quickly but still enjoying the series at the moment.. Well at least when i get to see it...

In the US 4 episodes have been shown since its been back on. Last two have been superb. I always download them, cus I prefere watching them in the dark on my laptop with earphones in to watching on FX on a big TV. Im sucked in more with earphones.

Spoilers? For people who haven't seen?!

agreed - it's always good to feel a response to watching a slaughter of innocents - even if they are the walking dead.

the zombie through the windscreen last week was my favourite so far - I do like to see zombies slicing their own faces off trying to feed, but disappointed the hub cap didn't embed in a manner that doffed a cap to Shaun Of The Dead's 45s.

Anyone watched this weeks yet. Hmm its all heading towards the big final.

And have we all seen what AMC leaked by accident.

spoiler

So this latest episode Dale dies.

When Rick can't kill Randel it looks like Lori loses faith in Rick, then if you see the spoiler video for next week it has her going to Shane she has made a mistake.

It looks as if she changes her mind and chooses Shane over Rick then.

And you see Randel escape, so it seems he will get his gang and they will attack the farm and that will be the end of the season.

SUPER SPOILER

AMC let it slip....

are you sure you want to read this....

ok....

Shane dies. Im guessing it will go down with him about to kill Rick and Carl kills Shane to save his Dad. Wonder if the group that Randel is with is the governors lot. Seems to make sense with what Randel says in this last episode about how the group raped the girls and made their dad watch.

Really enjoyed episode 11 even though AMC had leaked it. I thought the end was still well done. I enjoy some of the more talky episodes. Poor Dale flitting from person to person like the groups Jiminy Cricket, trying in vain to sway the argument.

The chat between Herschel and Glenn came as a pleasant relief. At least we know now the Herschel is not the bigot I thought. However even though I love Glenn too bits I really wish that he would sometimes use a different facial expression. "Startled Rabbit" is starting to wear thin now :-).

You think they will stick to the comics? The show runner/ producer or who even has already come out and said there is and will be more differences between the two. Although they have cast someone as the Governor. I think the story line with the Governor and prison justifies a full season

Well that was a good Episode [12]

Loved the start and then the last part of the episode, glad Shane is finally dead and that whole storyline can go, like the way he died and the group now know for fact that anyone who dies naturally comes back as zombie.

Thought that was what the guy at the end of Season 1 told Rick, so surprised he wasn't ready for it.

It near enough went down like I guessed, but the end the way the screen panned out and all those zombies, like over a hundred. Fucking awesome, next weeks episode is gunna be hell!

Glad Shane died in this one so the last episode can focus on something else.

Anyone else surprised how quick zombies spawn from human death, its like 1 minute, surprised Randal didn't spawn when Shane was still there