Elbow

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see them headline. Why not give them a shot at it? They have the back catalogue and the charisma to put in one of the all time great sets I think.

I still recall looking around the crowd during tower crane driver last time they played and I've never seen so many people shedding tears of joy.

I'd rather see them headline. Why not give them a shot at it? They have the back catalogue and the charisma to put in one of the all time great sets I think.

I still recall looking around the crowd during tower crane driver last time they played and I've never seen so many people shedding tears of joy.

I'd love them to headline, but can't see that happening next year unless they were playing the other stage.

Not sure about the arena tour though. Saw them at Wembley arena a couple of years ago and it just felt too big for such an intimate band. I know that makes little sense after saying that they should headline glasto, but festivals are different (in my head at least)

Edited by russycarps

I agree on all your points. They would be an ace headliner, but are better in a small venue. I have very fond memories of watching the band years ago in tiny venues but good luck to them I say. I certainly dont begrudge them their success and the larger venues it brings. They definitely have songs for the big stage too though which people seem to forget (station approach, leaders of the free world, one day like this, tower cran driver etc)

I managed to miss most of their set in 2008, I only caught the end and I was gutted, it seemed like I had missed something special, there was a really nice vibe in The Other Stage, not a stage I usually really like, maybe I was on drugs or something. Then Hot Chip came on, a group I really like and were dreadful.

I think if Elbow were to come back next year they would have to at least headline The Other Stage.

I'm taking a flyer on the fact they'll be at Glasto next year & not getting a ticket for their arena tour next March - I hope it's the right thing to do.

The best thing about Oasis not turning up at V the other year was the fact that Elbow played for longer than their scheduled slot. Seeing them at Glasto would make me very happy.

I've never been able to get into Elbow, quite like a few songs, but listened to Seldom Seen Kid album a few times and just couldn't get into them.

Think I would probably only catch them if they weren't headlining (as bound to be something else that would get my interest otherwise).

I think probably third top on the pyramid would be a definite for Elbow, I'd rather them on the other stage but there's no doubt that they deserve to be back on the pyramid.

And not too happy to see an arena tour tbh, whether they're big these days or not, I don't think they're an arena band, would rather they play medium sized venue like De Montfort hall where I saw them on their last tour.

I managed to miss most of their set in 2008, I only caught the end and I was gutted, it seemed like I had missed something special, there was a really nice vibe in The Other Stage, not a stage I usually really like, maybe I was on drugs or something. Then Hot Chip came on, a group I really like and were dreadful.

Just scanned as curious who I saw instead and it was The Last of the Shadow Puppets and MGMT that were on in the Park at the same time, as that's what I went to see.

Both pretty good (Despite horrendous soundsystem) and got to see Jack White come on with the Shadow Puppets for a bit.

Just scanned as curious who I saw instead and it was The Last of the Shadow Puppets and MGMT that were on in the Park at the same time, as that's what I went to see.

Both pretty good (Despite horrendous soundsystem) and got to see Jack White come on with the Shadow Puppets for a bit.

Headlining the Pyramid or Other surely, Probably Other. Regardless, if they are there I'll be watching them.

Out of curiosity, anyone else think Leaders of the Free World is a better album than Seldom Seen Kid? I get shot down for voicing this opinion often, just wondered if anyone at all agreed with me.