Elbow

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just seen that Villagers will be the support for their UK tour. I'd call this un-Glasto related but FANTASTIC news.

Having seen Villagers last year in Nottingham, I can tell you that anyone else going to the tour is now in for a double treat.

Have a quick look to get a good general idea of them/him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaSw523SuJU

Edited by lac999

hehehe, a few people appear to have been at the SunnyD and are getting a little bit overexcited. U2, Arcade Fire and Elbow? Can't see it happening. More likely to be U2, some jools holland worthy but dull fake soul type, some 4th rate indie chancers.

Hope I'm wrong, mind, but nah, won't be those 3. Wishful thinking by some people.

If they are there. and play Powder Blue, it will be the moment of Glastonbury, the summer, 2011, hell, even my life.

My only reservation for Elbow playing is the jonny come latelys who only know One Day Like This. I saw them play Wembley Arena a couple of years ago, and while it was utterly mind blowing as usual, I seemed to be the only one down the front that knew Scattered Black and Whites, which was a tragedy. I've been with them since day one, and while Im happy they've become big and successful, I kinda feel a little bit sad that they're no longer my band and my little secret.

Still, I hope they play, it will be fantastic, because Guy and the boys don't do anything else.

I know what you mean, I am not sure if I like the idea of them playing places like the O2, I don't think they are bigger enough, so I would not expect them to sell these places out. Fortuantely I have tickets to the warm up gig in Cambrdige which only has a capacity of 800 or so, so that will be immense!

I do not think they play Powder Blue these days, its a shame because it is one of their greatest songs.

Also I think SSK is their greatest album. I have been with them from day one, and think they have got progressively better with each album. I think the SSK v LOTFW debate depends on what it is you like about Elbow. I prefer the much slower songs such as Mirrowball, Weather to Fly, Some Riot and Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver on SSK. I am not as keen on the 'louder' Grounds for Divorce type songs which I think there are more of on LOTFW (Station Approash, Forget Myself, Leaders of the Free World, etc). Saying that The Stops and Puncture Repair are brilliant. Its all realtaive though, I think both albums are classics, as are Asleep in the Back and Cast of Thousands

If they are there. and play Powder Blue, it will be the moment of Glastonbury, the summer, 2011, hell, even my life.

My only reservation for Elbow playing is the jonny come latelys who only know One Day Like This. I saw them play Wembley Arena a couple of years ago, and while it was utterly mind blowing as usual, I seemed to be the only one down the front that knew Scattered Black and Whites, which was a tragedy. I've been with them since day one, and while Im happy they've become big and successful, I kinda feel a little bit sad that they're no longer my band and my little secret.

Still, I hope they play, it will be fantastic, because Guy and the boys don't do anything else.