Who would you like to see next year?

Guest wackojackohighcliffe

Ben hi

I was at the same FR set. :) Hadn't been well that morning (NOT self inflicted btw) and got up specifically for this - that afternoon john grant, then standard fare and finally Scott and the boys almost made me forget about myself. I can sort of see your one trick comment, but if you get into the lyrics you find some great poetry and nobody could complain that they aren't a bit uplifting.

Cheers RL

PS to the EOTR team, no particularly original requests here, but more i'd like to see:

war on drugs - touring US and Canada this spring, good EOTR fit i'd have thought

mercury rev - going to see them in edinburgh in may, perfect for the garden stage

the shins - i just, just NEED to see James Mercer and the boys this year. EOTR would be ideal, but frankly i'll go almost anywhere.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben hi

I was at the same FR set. :) Hadn't been well that morning (NOT self inflicted btw) and got up specifically for this - that afternoon john grant, then standard fare and finally Scott and the boys almost made me forget about myself. I can sort of see your one trick comment, but if you get into the lyrics you find some great poetry and nobody could complain that they aren't a bit uplifting.

Cheers RL

I'd love to see Jeff Mangum. The frontman of seriously overlooked fuzzfolk band Neutral Milk Hotel. It's a bit of a Marmite album but if you've not heard In The Aeroplane Over The Sea there's a fair chance you've not heard your favourite LP yet.

He's been on a 13 year hiatus and has just announced that he's intending on touring Europe in Autumn.

I think there's a sizeable NMH fanbase on here.

I bought "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" about 2yrs ago purely on the basis of a one line review by someone on another forum I frequent - "Jaw droppingly pant wettingly beautiful". It didn't leave my car CD player for about a month. Two Headed Boy is amazing. B)

PS I don't like marmite :P

Just another few requests to add, check them all out if you haven’t heard them before:

The Black Atlantic...they were due to play the recently postponed Twisted Folk III at the Old Vic Tunnels in a couple of weeks but now can’t make the rescheduled date in April. I saw them last year and have been dying to see them again.

http://www.theblackatlantic.com/

The Dutchess and The Duke...love these guys and great live.

http://www.myspace.com/thedutchessandtheduke

Marcus Foster...saw him supporting Freelance Whales/Broken Records last week and he was brilliant.

http://www.myspace.com/marcusfoster

Edited by seadragon

Hi Sofia

Just need to show support for a band called Blueneck. They're pretty local - from Bath - and are masters of very British, atmospheric and emotional post-rock. They're currently working on their 3rd album, due for release quite close to EoTR 2001, I think.

I'm nothing to do with the band, other than a fan, but as is the way with smaller acts who aren't too high-and-mighty, have chatted to Duncan, the main writer and guitarist a few times. I know he's applied to try to play the festival and just wanted to say that I think they would complement the line-up brilliantly! Duncan went to last year's festival as a 'normal' festival goer, loved it and really feels that his band could fit in easily. They are very good live and create swirling, building soundscapes that would wow the musically-appreciative EoTR clientele! Big Top, mid-evening, I'd say!!!

Right, pleading over...I'll leave it to you!

Ben

x