Who would you like to see next year?

Guest wackojackohighcliffe

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go on then, who do you wanna see in 2011?

for me i'd love to see arcade fire (probably too big now), band of horses, bon iver, bright eyes (with their reformation it's a possibility), Sufjan Stevens (I heard sofia wants him(at the festival)), the hold steady, the rural alberta advantage, james mercer in any of his incarnations, Spoon, Wintersleep, Menomena, Iron & Wine, My Morning Jacket, Decemeberists, Right Away Great Captain, Portugal.The Man, The National, Manchester Orchestra/Bad Books/Kevin Devine, Phosphorescent, Les Ssavy Fav.

I am really enjoying the new British Sea Power record and would love to see them at EoTR. Yet another band who would be fantastic in that 8pm, setting sun, last before the headliner on the Garden Stage. Cool if BSP played and Brakes continued their unbroken run of EoTR appearances...

Other stuff I've been loving recently includes Halves from Ireland and 52 Commercial Road. The latter fall in to my typical epic post-rock prediliction but are terrific and would be great in the Big Top or even the Local. Seen Villagers twice in 2010 but they push all the EoTR buttons. Fantastic for a sunny afternoon, I reckon.

Ben

Frightened Rabbit would be good, for sure.

I'll also aim for the stars and say...Jeff Mangum (ex-Neutral Milk Hotel). He's playing ATP in New York at the end of September, so maybe he'll tour.... *crosses fingers*

Edit: he's said he wants to play European shows....could there be anything more magical than a mass Garden Stage singalong of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea?

Edited by Infinite Jest

I'll also aim for the stars and say...Jeff Mangum (ex-Neutral Milk Hotel). He's playing ATP in New York at the end of September, so maybe he'll tour.... *crosses fingers*

Edit: he's said he wants to play European shows....could there be anything more magical than a mass Garden Stage singalong of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea?

Whilst I do enjoy them and have given them a fair amount of effort, I often find FR to be a wee bit of a one-trick pony, if a pleasant sounding one. Having been excited about seeing them for the first time at Latitude last year I was just a little bit underwhelmed. saying that, I'd welcome a rematch at EoTR so bring 'em on.

Ben