Who would you like to see next year?

Guest wackojackohighcliffe

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is fun-dream acts who i don't think have played but would be great (i've only been to 3 EOTR).....

Nick Cave/Grinderman

Joanna Newsome

Sufjan Stevens

Will Oldham

Bill Callahan

Silver Jews

Neutral milk hotel

Espers/Meg Baird

Beirut

Animal Collective

Grizzly Bear

Vampire Weekend

Johnny Flynn

Darwin Deez

Laura Cantrell

Handsome Family

Mary Gaultier

I'd love to see at least several of the following... many bands/artists have already been mentioned...

1) Beirut

2) Delta Spirit

3) Bill Callahan

4) Neko Case

5) Devendra Banhart

6) The Walkmen

7) White Rabbits

8) A.A. Bondy

9) Deerhunter

10) Calexico

12) Shearwater

13) Beach House

14) Akron/Family

15) Emily Haines

Thanks!

My wish list for 2011:

In the 'probably asking for the impossible category' - the National (I can dream can't I?)

In the 'hopeful possibilities' category: The Black Keys (got several high-five type expressions of support while wearing TBK shirt at this year's EotR) - or failing that Dan Auerbach in his other guise; John Grant (Queen of Denmark easily one of the albums of the year) - preferably with Midlake; Avi Buffalo (another contender for best albums of 2010 - they are fab); Girls (prepare to have your hearts broken); Deerhunter; the Wild Beasts (why weren't they there this year?); Jonsi (just saw him live - fantastic - would charm the macaws from the trees on the Garden Stage); any combination/incarnation involving Conor Oberst, M.Ward or Jim James.

In the 'out of left field' category: White Denim, the Jim Jones Revue or the wonderful Japandroids

Little gems could be: Villagers, Everything Everything, Wave Pictures, Tap Tap or Pete & the Pirates, Perfume Genius, Pearly Gate Music, Smith Westerns, Cass McCombs

In the 'welcome return of' category: Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, Tallest Man on Earth and the Duke and the King (or just Simone doing his solo stuff)

In the 'in my wildest dreams' category - the Wrens (performing Meadowlands in full plus the new stuff they are working on now). Now that would be something.

Here's hoping....

My wish list for 2011:

In the 'probably asking for the impossible category' - the National (I can dream can't I?)

In the 'hopeful possibilities' category: The Black Keys (got several high-five type expressions of support while wearing TBK shirt at this year's EotR) - or failing that Dan Auerbach in his other guise; John Grant (Queen of Denmark easily one of the albums of the year) - preferably with Midlake; Avi Buffalo (another contender for best albums of 2010 - they are fab); Girls (prepare to have your hearts broken); Deerhunter; the Wild Beasts (why weren't they there this year?); Jonsi (just saw him live - fantastic - would charm the macaws from the trees on the Garden Stage); any combination/incarnation involving Conor Oberst, M.Ward or Jim James.

In the 'out of left field' category: White Denim, the Jim Jones Revue or the wonderful Japandroids

Little gems could be: Villagers, Everything Everything, Wave Pictures, Tap Tap or Pete & the Pirates, Perfume Genius, Pearly Gate Music, Smith Westerns, Cass McCombs

In the 'welcome return of' category: Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, Tallest Man on Earth and the Duke and the King (or just Simone doing his solo stuff)

In the 'in my wildest dreams' category - the Wrens (performing Meadowlands in full plus the new stuff they are working on now). Now that would be something.

Here's hoping....

from bands who have played before and bands that have not i would love any of these next year:

Eels

AA Bondy

Bon Iver

The Decemberists

Death cab for Cutie

Deer Tick

Felice Brothers

Sam Baker

Joe Pug

The National

Duke and The King

The Hold Steady

The Horrors

Lambchop

Low Anthem

Richmond Fontaine

The tallest man on earth

Sunset Rubdown

Pixies

• 2 weeks later...

If it was up to me, I'd have;

Main Headliners

Sunset Rubdown

Arcade Fire

The Black Keys

The Decemberists

Jim Jones Revue

Midlake

Others

The Czars

Alex Bleeker & The Freaks

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Musee Mechanique

Carlton Melton

Wooden Shjips

Tame Impala

The Hold Steady

Gruff Rhys

Erland & The Carnival

Port O'Brien

Stornoway

Avi Buffalo

Jonquil (missed them this year)

Funkshone

Dead Man's Bones

Olivia Tremor Control

Frog Eyes

Mirrorkicks

Edited by Nonlondoner

Death Cab would be amazing! Also second She & Him, The Duke & the King and Sufjan Stevens.

Top of my list is Anais Mitchell, I think she would be perfect for EOTR, and if her folk opera 'Hadestown' could be staged, wow that really would be something special!

Also on my wishlist are The Gaslight Anthem, The Avett Brothers, Langhorne Slim, Counting Crows, Brendan Benson, Ani Di Franco, William Fitzsimmons, Jens Lekman, Mark Erelli, Thea Gilmore, Erin McKeown, Kris Delmhorst, Mark Geary, Wallis Bird, Band of Horses, The Frames, Phoenix, St Germain, Way of the Lakes, Camera Obscura, Evelyn Evelyn (Amanda Palmer & Jason Webley).

I'd love to see Josh Ritter & Dawn Landes return, it would be great if Josh brought the Love Canon String Band with him (amazing bluegrassy covers of 80's classics!) & maybe Josh would be persuaded to talk about his novel in the woodland library.

Oh and please bring the Croquet back next year!

• 3 weeks later...