• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• TheGayTent

• ampersand

Liverpool after Luke Young, thats a very medicore sounding signing. I have no doubt liverpool want to return to the top 4 but cant see them overtaking man city and arsenal unless they are after some better calibre players.

Luke Young hasn't had his day for a good few years now. I can only see it as a squad player. It will save Hodgson from putting Carragher at RB when needed and will allow him to fully focus on playing in the middle.

I can't see him replacing Johnson in the first eleven. Hodgson seemed to let Pantsil and Konchesky get down the line fairly often at Fulham and in Johnson he has a player who is fully capable at doing that and breaking forward. Luke Young isn't really reknowned for that. He may be used in away games perhaps where a very solid back line is called for, but certainly at home I can see him warming the bench...a lot.

Luke Young has spent the majority of his Villa career at Left back, so maybe he's being brought in more for that role?

ANYWAY

Celtic! Oh dear

Braga 3 - 0 Celtic

BBC - The Scots did not register a single shot on goal and looked like a team of strangers on their first competitive outing of the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8860029.stm

Also Given is the Captain, so the odds are even greater on him not breaking through.

He's already tried to leave, Birmingham made an offer for him but City said no and Hart wanted to stay with them and even refused to go back to them when Given was injured last season.

It wasn't that - it was simply the case that the loan agreement had no option for recall by shitty. Brum could have allowed it, but they didn't want to lose a good goalie when contractually they didn't have to.

Just been reading an article on the Arsenal website about how the new squad rules will affect us. Our current first team squad is 26 players, only half of which counts as non home grown. And of those home grown players, 6 are under 21. It means we've got an awful lot of scope to bring in more players without falling foul of the new rules. Just wondering how it's going to effect some of the other teams?

Just been reading an article on the Arsenal website about how the new squad rules will affect us. Our current first team squad is 26 players, only half of which counts as non home grown. And of those home grown players, 6 are under 21. It means we've got an awful lot of scope to bring in more players without falling foul of the new rules. Just wondering how it's going to effect some of the other teams?

Edited by The Nal

This homegrown rule sounds good on paper but it doesnt look like it will make much difference. Lets face it the clubs wouldnt agree to it if it did. I can see city struggling to sell players with many clubs wanting to take the lower risk option of loans. I can see bridge, m johnson, ireland, bellamy, onuhoa, jo, garrido, caicedo, santa cruz all attracting loan interest.