• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• TheGayTent

• ampersand

f**king off'it arn ya?!

A few weeks ago, his very informed argument that the standard of refereeing had improved in this country was that he knew someone who was in the opening credits of MOTD in the '80's, but other than that wouldn't/couldn't name a single referee that was indicative of the standard now or in the past to illustrate his argument (bearing in mind that I had simply said that the standard currently 'concerned me' - not that it was either better or worse).

Compelling stuff.

The comments of Jack Taylor passed you by completely then? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another arsehole who thinks that ignorance and blinkers equals knowledge. Nevermind, you'll get over it one day perhaps. :)

What about him then?

And if its about Howard Webb, then I think I've made many comments about him that express my view on him.

Notice how he's still not commenting on actual referees in the game today or in the past who he believes illustrate his point. I'm starting to suspect he cant.

Taylor said the standard of refs today is far greater than it ever was (along with praising Webb). Now, if one of this countries top-ever refs thinks the same as me, I reckon I'm on more solid ground than one who thinks his teams failings are the refs fault. :)

And funnily enough, the chant "who's the bastard in the black" is one that pre-dates footie on TV, when people weren't able to endlessly review things until they've got a handle on things that was never available to any ref. It's merely the fact that we're all able to endlessly review things now that has you believing that refs are worse than they used to be, because many more of their errors are able to be identified than they could be in the past.

I dont think barcelona have made many enemies. Apart from arsenal fans, most people wont care too much and will just enjoy watching them play football. The players also wont care about upsetting arsenal fans and just want to make their own team better. They may be arrogant but with many having won everything there is in the gameits not that surprising!

I dont think barcelona have made many enemies. Apart from arsenal fans, most people wont care too much and will just enjoy watching them play football. The players also wont care about upsetting arsenal fans and just want to make their own team better. They may be arrogant but with many having won everything there is in the gameits not that surprising!

Personally I think Arsenal's players should start talking to the press saying things like "if Xavi/Villa/Messi etc are that desperate to play alongside Cesc, they should hand in a transfer request an head to Arsenal where he is under contract for 4 years" or something to that effect.

Edited by The Nal

I think they players can probably say what they like and get away with it. Never heard of players been done for tapping up but could be wrong. If FIFA came down hard on every club who goes against their regulations when it comes to tapping up players there would be a huge queue. Man utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc have all tapped up players and got away with it.

What players have Liverpool tapped up btw?

surely - nowadays - it's a case of what players hasn't any club tapped up that they then sign? :unsure:

After all, clubs much prefer to go after targets they're likely to get, so in most cases now surely it starts with an approach to the player's agent, to see if there's the possibility of a deal?

I think they players can probably say what they like and get away with it. Never heard of players been done for tapping up but could be wrong. If FIFA came down hard on every club who goes against their regulations when it comes to tapping up players there would be a huge queue. Man utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc have all tapped up players and got away with it.

Loads I'd say. Woy had no issues saying Gerrard and Carra "did a good job" of selling Liverpool to Cole at the World Cup. I know he was a free agent but technically his contract didnt run out with Chelski until the end of June. So that could be considered "tapping up". Total bullshit I know but there has to be contact from somewhere on all deals that go through.

what's more pathetic is your attempts at googling. :lol:

My first attempt was a search for : Man Utd debts £880m

Here's the page:-

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Man+Utd+debts+%C2%A3880m&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=4da16c650c5b86c8

And as you'll see, there's plenty of references to debts of £880M. :)

So there you go. It's not something I've invented, and it gets to show that the ABU called Neil knows and remembers much more about your club than an obsessive but blinkered stato.

Yeah, Neil always just makes it up out of nothing. Or is that ralph, who's thinking that ignorance equals knowledge? :lol::lol:

Edited by ralph250