U2 tour in chaos

Guest drewsstrat

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think U2 will be there but if not, I'd try to get The Who back. Tell 'em they'll get U2's fee plus maybe 20 grand for the cancer charity. It doesn't bother me that they've played within the last couple of years, with Baba O'Riley, Won't Get Fooled Again, Who Are You etc blastin out on the Pyramid Stage, you'll soon be thinkin U-who? You know it makes sense :P

Personally I think U2 will be there but if not, I'd try to get The Who back. Tell 'em they'll get U2's fee plus maybe 20 grand for the cancer charity. It doesn't bother me that they've played within the last couple of years, with Baba O'Riley, Won't Get Fooled Again, Who Are You etc blastin out on the Pyramid Stage, you'll soon be thinkin U-who? You know it makes sense :P

it's difficult not to draw comparisons with the 25th anniversary. but if that year taught us anything it's that out of such dilemmas, legends can be made.

so if Bono makes a recovery and a come back, it'll be immense. and if he doesn't, then it's a hell of an opportunity for someone to make a big, big impact.

Glastonbury is equally good at facilitating either eventuality.

over to you, Eavii....

Hmm...a toughy. Friday headliners by tradition are guitar based right?

I obviously would put a call in for the Chems seeing as they are really about the only headliner that could/should be playing at the G other than Gorillaz, Leftfield, White Stripes, Radiohead and *cough* Coldplay. Snow Patrol??? Euuuuugh.

Their new show is really rather pretty (went to see Tom and Ed at the Roundhouse last night). Its been 10 years since their last Pyramid headline so whoever said they would NOT be worthy of the headline needs their head checked! :P

Just like back in 05 when Basement Jaxx stepped in to fill in for Kylie, another band not on the current line up could easily be asked to fill in for U2. I do hope this is the case and not just putting the current performers on Friday up a slot.

There are still plenty of weeks to find a replacement...look at Pulp in 05! But no that doesnt mean they should headline 15 years later.

The chemical brothers? I would love to see them do a live set (dj set is rubbish) but if they headline on Friday, it would be chems vs fatboy slim vs boys noize vs groove armada vs Sasha vs the orb vs etc. Already a clusterf**k of edm, yes?

PENDULUM,saw them in Blackpool last night AWESOME,and their set on the other stage last year was one of the highlights of the festival for anyone who saw them,so a natural progression from other stage to pyramid and they are available on the friday. ..... :P

Do we know the likeliness of U2 not being able to play? It would be quite a big blow to this years' Glastos credibility if they couldn't get a big replacement for U2 (Stevie's doing other festivals this year, isn't he?).

Get Morrissey to replace them. That would be legendary!

Okay, so i'm thinking as headliner - they must be pretty big (so not doves) and a bloody good performance!

How about:

Basement jaxx

Bump florence & the machine into that spot

The gossip

Coldplay

Green Day

Rolling stones

Red hot chilli peppers

Arctic monkeys

and whatever happened to Amy whinehouse ...

or the killers.

Okay, so i'm thinking as headliner - they must be pretty big (so not doves) and a bloody good performance!

How about:

Basement jaxx

The gossip

Coldplay

Green Day

Rolling stones

Red hot chilli peppers

Arctic monkeys

or the killers.

How about:

Basement jaxx

The gossip

Coldplay

Green Day

Rolling stones

Red hot chilli peppers

Arctic monkeys

or the killers.

How about:

Basement jaxx Not Big enough

Bump florence & the machine into that spot Not Big enough

The gossip Not Big enough and shit

Coldplay Shit

Green Day Shit

Rolling stones Your dreaming

Red hot chilli peppers zzzzzzzzzzzz

Arctic monkeys zzzzzzzzzz

and whatever happened to Amy whinehouse ... :P

or the killers. Shit