Work The Next Week

Guest kloot

For quite a while it seemed that, after consecutive years of Glastonbury since I was a pubescent little nutter, I would have to miss this year's Glasto due to work commitments.

But, I found out this week I've got the Thurs, Fri and Mon off. But not the Weds or Tues. This means I'll have to work the Tues.... what is this like in your experience? Is it possible? I've always slept till about 2 on the Tues.

Will I cope? Will the working week as a whole wipe me out? Oh Gawd...

Working on the Tuesday is a piece of piss. Honest. I've done it several times. Now, the Monday would be tricky but as long as you don't go too mental on the Sunday, you'll be fine.

Are you travelling far?

Working on the Tuesday is fine. Just be prepared to be in some sort of trance like state!! I have done it the last 2 years, I do accounts so I have to work end of month. You'll find yourself smiling to yourself most of the day while you remember the weekend. Its really quite an interesting experience!

This is the first year I dont have to work Tuesday, so it means I dont have to hurry away on the Monday. WHich is good as its also the first year I'll be driving there.

After getting stranded in car park on a Monday for 10 hours in 2005 I vowed to book the Tuesday off the following year. Finally got home at midnight, followed by no sleep then straight into work next day. Needless to say I wasn't much use and kept falling asleep at my desk.

It always takes me a good week to recover. Some friends of mins drive straight to Devon after the festival for a week of recovering by the sea.

Lightweight!

I'm flying to Barcelona for the Sonar Festival on the Wednesday, flying home Sunday night, going to work Monday and Tuesday, doing Glasto, going to work on the Tuesday and then fly out to Croatia for the Garden Festival the next day.

:P

JEEZ!!

This year, like last year I will be driving just 20 mins from the farm and staying in Yeovil before spending Tues at the Tor and Challice Well... then I'm driving home Tues evening showered and chilled out.

But I have booked off the rest of thre week anyway, my work allows me to buy an extra 2 days leave from Jan and Feb pay packets so I always do it and use them for festivals in the summer :P

working the tuesday's ok, i'd definitely rather not though!

once i got up at the crack of dawn on a monday at A.N. Other festival to get the train into london and went straight to work, definitely not recommended... (especially cos people with bongos on our campsite had kept me awake half the night singing racist songs)