2011 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCR not even sub-headliners at Oxygen, and the Strokes and Arctic Monkeys both subs.

I know there different festivals with different crowds etc, but... why can't we have bands like that in those positions? Size-wise I mean, not nessicerily those exact bands.

Then again they do have The Script sub-headlining :rolleyes: but they are Irish I guess which probably counts for something.

MCR not even sub-headliners at Oxygen, and the Strokes and Arctic Monkeys both subs.

I know there different festivals with different crowds etc, but... why can't we have bands like that in those positions? Size-wise I mean, not nessicerily those exact bands.

Then again they do have The Script sub-headlining :rolleyes: but they are Irish I guess which probably counts for something.

Edited by kev1664

They were good at Leeds last year, although their set did feel a bit rushed.

I thought they were one of the best bands in 2009, was glad I skipped most of Radiohead to see them.

Last Train Home & Last Summer are two of my favourite festival "Anthems" if u like... and they always seem to go down well. I'm pretty sure Huw Stephens was also banging on Twitter last year how Lostprophets got one of the biggest crowds... so they may not have been the best act of the weekend, but they do seem to keep drawing the Reading and Leeds crowds.

According to the youtube clip below MCR never said they were going to headline a festival at their Wembley Arena gig in february, just play some festivals in the UK, so either people within the media interpreted it as they are going headline festivals because of insider knowlege or they just misquoted the band.

According to the youtube clip below MCR never said they were going to headline a festival at their Wembley Arena gig in february, just play some festivals in the UK, so either people within the media interpreted it as they are going headline festivals because of insider knowlege or they just misquoted the band.

Something tells me your getting less and less sure about MCR

Nope. I'm in exactly the same place I've always been with them (and the other names I've had long rumoured here) - that they're more likely to be right than wrong. This is based on the fact that those names came to me from two different sources who both have a history of getting good info.

And recently added to the idea that the names are right is the post by Keese, who we know from his history gets good info - and he's said the same names.

on the point of realistic possibilities I think people have made tons

Green Day, Blur, Iron Maiden, 3 bands off the top of my head that could easily be headliners this year.

They might sound realistic possibilities to you, but from where I'm sat and what I've heard they seem very unlikely. The most likely of them is Maiden, but I'd class that as quite low.