2011 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Updated again. I realized that VW and MGMT aren't particularly rumoured this year, and I had just been including them as they're my go-to lighter/NME/indie filler bands. Added Beady Eye and The Streets, and moved Interpol to main with Streets headlining second. Green Day are gone too, sadly it doesn't look like we'll get them.

reading12.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated again. I realized that VW and MGMT aren't particularly rumoured this year, and I had just been including them as they're my go-to lighter/NME/indie filler bands. Added Beady Eye and The Streets, and moved Interpol to main with Streets headlining second. Green Day are gone too, sadly it doesn't look like we'll get them.

reading12.jpg

Would be a booking of the Bloc Party ilk if they popped up again this year imo. Bit of a waste of a slot in a fairness. And the sunday lineups are all looking very uninspiring. Too much pop/punk type stuff for my liking. Would like to see it mixed up a bit.

reading12.jpg

Pop Frank Turner on the Mainstage somewhere reasonably early, make sure the Special guests on the NME stage on Sunday are someone I like & I'd settle for that.

My one problem is that there does seem to be a lack of younger bands been given the opportunity to play the mainstage at all in your line up. The newest of the bands on that list (excluding Beady Eye who have carried over some of Oasis' hype) would be Foals and they were around in '07 & I'm sure there will be a few newer bands dotted around somewhere on there.

But all in all I would suspect the at least 2/3rds of bands speculated on here will play in some capacity.

reading12.jpg

Edited by j-j-j-j-joe!

reading12.jpg

I don't think it's any heavier than last year... in fact, there aren't really any heavy bands on there, besides maybe Deftones, Incubus, Funeral For A Friend, Alice In Chains and A Day To Remember - and even those aren't really that heavy, strictly speaking.

Edited by Hart Attack