Hop Farm

Guest Davness

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year you could buy two VIP Tickets at a fraction of the cost { £ 13.89 for the whole weekend { £9.99 plus £3.90 p&p } if you bought a festival Mac or other festival gear -

I am sure you will think I have made it up so here is where I first spotted it and lots of postings from people who took up the offer.{ and postings from people after the event as well }

Info on the cheap VIP Tickets for 2009

I doubt they will be doing the same offer this year.

Unfortunately, yes, my friend listens to him/Babyshambles/Libertines obsessively.

So, yeah, talentless junkie.

I wonder if he'd still be famous, had he not been a junkie, because I've yet to see any of his post-Libertines music make any waves at all in the water.

It's the drug scandal that keeps him afloat, I daresay it might be it that one day drowns him too.

First Babyshambles album one of, if not probably the best he's made and The Blinding EP would have got to number 4 if not for the extra track. Grace/Wastelands (solo album) was critically acclaimed everywhere when it came out. Both albums have charted in the top 10, the latest at 5. 4 of their 6 singles have charted in the top 20, and they've sold out arenas across the UK.

Yeah, but my point remains that if it wasn't for the media spin, none of it would have even been acknowledged. Say he had been a clean-living nice-boy, ya think people would care? No.

And to add to this, "being critically acclaimed, selling records and winning awards" means absolute sweet f.a. to me as far as talent is concerned. There are so many artists out there who deserve the attention that junkie pr**k gets on a daily basis, but because they're not knee deep in scandal, they'll never get it.

The one time we saw Babyshambles Mr Doherty fell over and put his head through the drum kit - which was quite entertaining!!!! :P

Just ordered my tickets ! Bob is worth every penny !!

Ive never been Hop farm before any tips ? I take it you can take beer into the campsite but not the arena like V and all the rest ? whats the best time to get there on the fri ?

Edited by Rockybox

• 3 weeks later...

Gor my tickets too - just can't bring myself to miss Bob. :P

But would also be grateful for any info / tips about this festival. I can't get there until Sat so info about traffic / parking or the set up generally would be much appreciated.