Hop Farm

Guest Davness

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first ever hop farm this year, completely impulsive and last minute, but as soon as i got wind of dylan and van in the same place, my senses went haywire. Already doing glasto the week before too, what a week of legends and drunken haze june/july will be!!!

So whose beein before? What can we expect, needless to say i think i'm more excited than I am for glasto, any inside scoops for the undercard before van morrison? If they could match someone like davies before dylan this could quickly become my number 1 festy!!!

Go!....

Yeah, but my point remains that if it wasn't for the media spin, none of it would have even been acknowledged. Say he had been a clean-living nice-boy, ya think people would care? No.

And to add to this, "being critically acclaimed, selling records and winning awards" means absolute sweet f.a. to me as far as talent is concerned. There are so many artists out there who deserve the attention that junkie pr**k gets on a daily basis, but because they're not knee deep in scandal, they'll never get it.

Anyone know any rumours or have any guesses on who might be playing on Friday more than Van Morrison? I'm thinking about buying a Saturday ticket, but I don't want to regret it later if they announce any awesome bands to play on Friday...

Also I'm wondering if there's anyone else who's going to be there alone? Or some people who feels like they'd enjoy the company of a Mumford & Sons-loving 18 year old girl from Sweden? :P Always more fun to have someone to talk to during concerts, and even more importantly, to drink beer with :P

Anyone know any rumours or have any guesses on who might be playing on Friday more than Van Morrison? I'm thinking about buying a Saturday ticket, but I don't want to regret it later if they announce any awesome bands to play on Friday...

Also I'm wondering if there's anyone else who's going to be there alone? Or some people who feels like they'd enjoy the company of a Mumford & Sons-loving 18 year old girl from Sweden? :P Always more fun to have someone to talk to during concerts, and even more importantly, to drink beer with :P

I doubt you have had a good look at the site as it is listed. { note 1 }

I have worked there with the WBC so don't know what its like to enter as a ticket holder but its a normal arena Event so you cant wander about like a person can at Glastonbury so each time you enter from the camp site you may or may not get searched as you enter the arena { which may have been imposed on them by the local authorities }

note 1

http://www.hopfarmfestival.com/media/7369/...uide%202010.pdf

Bring I.D, if you look under 21as we will be operating a think 21 policy

No illegal substances are allowed anywhere on site, you will be turned over to the police if you are found in possession of any drugs, we have zero tolerance at the festival and we do have a police presence with sniffer dogs.

Random searches will be in operation on site. If you are asked to be searched, please comply with our security staff, it is part of our licensing conditions that this is carried out and is for the health and safety of all festival attendees.

and under info they have this listed

Please note there will be searches upon entry into the arena.

The Hop Farm Festival does not condone the following and all persons involved in such acts will be ejected from the festival and into the hands of local authorities.

Drug use

Anti-Social Behaviour

Under-age drinking

I couldn't afford a festival this year as student living and house deposits seem to have exhausted what little money i have. However I have got a day ticket for the saturday, was just wondering if its worth buying a camping ticket as well? I'm pretty poor and I dont know if it will just be worth driving back or is there lots to do after bands?

• 3 weeks later...

Just won tickets to this! Cannot wait, a totally supprise festival for me :)

Need to plan what i am doing, as might be all camped out from glastonbury! Lucky I already had the extra time booked off.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr PC and I will be coming to Hop Farm for the first time this year to worship at the feet of the Great God Dylan ;):D Just one question - if you have a camping ticket do they let you park your car on the campsite or do you have to park in the car park and haul your camping gear to the campsite? Thanks, guys! :)

i know the band curfew is like 11.. is there anything going on after that like a dj set??

cheerss!!