Hop Farm

Guest Davness

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense to me. Vince said in 08 the only acts he ever wanted were Bob and Neil.

I've got a feeling The Who are/were one of the other headliners BUT Pete Townshend has already said they scrapped a whole US tour this year because of his tinnitus, so I don't know if the European tour will still be on.

I know for a fact this wouldn't be the first European festival that both these acts are rumoured to be headlining this summer.

So, my guess:

Fri: Dylan

Sat: The Who

Sun: I would have said Leonard Cohen but he's postponed his Euro tour until September now, so I'll say maybe... Peter Gabriel

I hope for Hop Farm's sake they can pull off a better lineup than last year. 2008 was an amazing single day.

But if the Dylan rumour is true, they've got themselves a UK exclusive right there, and good on them. Shame I can't afford to go... I'm going to cry if the lineup is anything like my prediction.

As it happened Bob Dylan played at The Phoenix Festival on the 14 th July 1995 which was a Vince Power event

so the story may not be that crazy after all.

I am sure he also played in Finsbury Park in 1994 { sorry they all merge into one so it may have been the Fleadh Or the week before/after as they were normally held covering two weekends and the main promoter was Vince }

I have worked at Hop farm for the WBC - its well off the beaten track but was handy for me as I live near the M25/A10 junction.

If anyone is planning about going take some extra long tent pegs as it can get very windy { in 2008 when only staff were allowed to camp there was loads of tents that took off and even the bars had to use large ballast tanks full of water - the first time I have ever seen this used }

They had Neil Young in their first year to be fair. Apart from that I really don't know that much about it. Just saw that Dylan was rumoured to be playing this year after my mate -who practically stalks Dylan- mentioned it.

Do Hop Farm really get these sort of acts?

That'd be quite a step up from having the fratellis and paul weller last year.

Only asking because last year was the first time I had heard of Hop Farm festival and I didnt think it was that big a deal?

Dylan is currently on a World Tour and is playing in Japan until the end of the Month - he then goes to Korea for a few days and then has a few Months off - he starts up again in June in Eastern Europe so its very likely he will be in the UK in July.

Although Hop Farm is remote it does have one plus point for anyone with access to their own helicopter as that area is chock a block with WW2 Airfields - I must have passed five in less than two miles so he can be on the ground in twenty minuets from central London.

• 2 weeks later...

just spotted this

--------

Hop Farm Festival Tickets

viagogo is an Official Ticket Agent of The Hop Farm Festival, which returns as a truly unique experience. An event with No VIP areas, No Branding or Sponsorship in short, a festival for festival goers. This year sees the legend that is Bob Dylan headlining. So don't miss your chance to see one of the all time greats in a unique atmosphere. Get your Hop Farm tickets now and get down to where the cows are still happy!

Have a read

By the way this bit ' An event with No VIP areas ' which also appears on the official site is a bit strange because there is a VIP Area - last year you could buy VIP Tickets at a fraction of the cost and I know there is a WBC Guest bar but I was working in a different area but I know its there.

Dylan as suspected.

But weak supporting lineup, in my opinion, especially how different Dylan is to all of these bands nowadays.

Had it been the Dylan "of old", this lineup would look a bit better, but as it is, it just doesn't fit... And £65 is a bit expensive, really, considering you can see Dylan alone for about £40, which is what most people will be going for.

And seriously? Pete Doherty? What an utter c**t. An utter, utter c**t.

So it is just a one day event again this year, by the looks of it? It was supposed to be 3?

Bet that's because The Who cancelled their European tour as well as their US tour this year!! And Leonard Cohen cancelled his summer tour too!! I betcha...

Edited by fingers_mark

Bit odd it's not doing the extra day, was great last year I had a cheapo camping ticket but took my little sister along so only went for the Saturday. really enjoyed being able to leave the main stage and still be on the barrier practically.

By train its only about an hour for me to :P, if i had the money I would probs go for the day again, hopefully they will announce another day and I will finally get a job :P