Keane on the sunday?

Guest jimmyt

Keane have just announced June gigs next year and they are free on the Sunday, Last date booked being the 26th June 2010. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea (to be honest I'm not actually sure if they're mine but my girlfriend loves them) but does that make it inevitable that they will be there on the Sunday? Supporting The Verve?!!! (If you don't know, Richard Ashcroft gave them a right good slagging off from the Pyramid a couple of years ago).

More than likely I'd have thought. I actually really like Hopes and Fears but not that fussed about their later work.

And I daresay this thread will see more bashing of the band in question than average..... :P

Keane have just announced June gigs next year and they are free on the Sunday, Last date booked being the 26th June 2010. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea (to be honest I'm not actually sure if they're mine but my girlfriend loves them) but does that make it inevitable that they will be there on the Sunday? Supporting The Verve?!!! (If you don't know, Richard Ashcroft gave them a right good slagging off from the Pyramid a couple of years ago).

[/quote

Am I misunderstanding this or have I missed The Verve being muted for a Sunday slot next Year?

Don't really dislike the band, quite liked a few songs off the first album but not enough toi tempty me to go see them.

Plus I think it was ridiculous that the lead singer was in rehab for cocaine abuse, by the sounds of him it would be more likeley he was addicted to tea and french fancies.

Guest musiclove123
Don't really dislike the band, quite liked a few songs off the first album but not enough toi tempty me to go see them.

Plus I think it was ridiculous that the lead singer was in rehab for cocaine abuse, by the sounds of him it would be more likeley he was addicted to tea and french fancies.

90 mins doing backstroke in the longdrops! Just the thought makes me feel ill!

If I'm honest I don't mind Keane. They are MOR without doubt, but I listen to them if I'm in the right mood for it. Is It Any Wonder is a great song and they have a few other gems in their catalogue too. Not sure I'd go see them though, agains depends on mood. Can't see me not finding something else to do at Glasto though.

whether you meant it or not, that is one of the worst things you can say about a band. they're not good enough to love, not bad enough to hate, they're just pointlessly there. id rather see something so bad it made me angry than see something so bland it made me indifferent!