U2 Friday night headliners!

Guest reas11

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw iron maiden a few years ago at leeds, not the biggest fan, but they were good live.

im looking forward to u2, again i am not the biggest fan, but i`ve heard many good things about them as a live band...

desperate to know who is on the saturday now!!!

Edited by thebaillieboy

Well, I saw them last month at the Rose Bowl.

And, oddly enough have tickets to see them June 6 and June 7 here in California right before I head off for Glasto.

So, it looks sort of looks like three U2 shows for me in June.

However. because of having seen them multiple times (after June) on this tour it sort of frees me up if something else comes along that sounds like a good option to see instead on a smaller stage.

And, I have to say that they are a darn good act live (in my opinion)...but, what do I know...I'm American AND I like Bruce so much that I've seen him 26 times....:P

(Also, I do agree that Outlaw Pete is one of his low points...)

amazing news!

cant believe it..but its about time U2 did something like this. this is a risk and will have been very much influenced by bruce (not for the 1st time). they will also have been influenced when seeing bruces' back catalogue explode in sales and his latest album getting back on the airwaves. u2 are gutted they are losing the interest in the general music-loving public and have lost the younger generation after taking 5years since their last album.

no doubt they will have all their own tech crew pulling together something amazing for the pyramid stage. look what they did to slane castle. they will make it their own. dont foget how good u2 are at pumping money into their live show (the opposite of bruce - very low frills, cost cutting and dull). their current tour is making no money apparently as the cost of it is huge.

U2 will work and this is an amazing score for Glastonbury.

well done MR E!!

Not sure what to make of this. Great that such a huge band are going to be headlining...so why am i feeling so meh about it? :P

Was certainly up for some Muse action although I will no doubtedly be watching The Chems headlining the second stage.

But its months to go. Kinda surprised by it all and certainly the fact...eek...that the Scum got there first! :P

Meh meh meh!

I've had a thought - how about Jet playing underneath U2? A nice hour or so of uncomplicated, upbeat rock to get the crowd up?

They've got a new album out, with a European tour to follow next year. Surely Jet would be a good bet to play Glasto at some point in the proceedings? Get 'em booked, Michael!!

I've had a thought - how about Jet playing underneath U2? A nice hour or so of uncomplicated, upbeat rock to get the crowd up?

They've got a new album out, with a European tour to follow next year. Surely Jet would be a good bet to play Glasto at some point in the proceedings? Get 'em booked, Michael!!