Belladrum Tartan Heart 2010

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the wailers? :P what a dreadful choice of band. anything connected with bob marley/reggae should be immediatly disbanded and barred from setting foot in the country. somebody mentioned simple minds earlier.though they aint playing,they would be an excellent choice.

Levellers are playing Friday the 6th although exact satge unknown. This could be a complete pain if they play the Hothouse at the same time as Feeder. :P

Levellers, then Feeder on Main Stage would be the dogs baws :P

the wailers? :P what a dreadful choice of band. anything connected with bob marley/reggae should be immediatly disbanded and barred from setting foot in the country. somebody mentioned simple minds earlier.though they aint playing,they would be an excellent choice.

Although im not impressed so far with the lineup, i will still be there, im hoping there might still be room for someone like bon iver. There does seem to be a trend though where one year the lineup is packed full of quality, like last year, then the following year the lineup is not so good (this year and 08).

I appear to be in the minority re: Divine Comedy so I'll keep my opinions to myself about that one :P

Happy enough with Feeder, Levellers, Stornoway, Vatersay Boys, Wolfstone and I think Amy Macdonald *might* actually be quite good on the day.

I really REALLY hope Feeder & Levellers don't clash...

I appear to be in the minority re: Divine Comedy so I'll keep my opinions to myself about that one :P

Happy enough with Feeder, Levellers, Stornoway, Vatersay Boys, Wolfstone and I think Amy Macdonald *might* actually be quite good on the day.

I really REALLY hope Feeder & Levellers don't clash...

Problem is they are both playing on the Friday and I just can't see the Levellers playing second fiddle (pardon the pun) to Feeder. I have a horrible feeling that when Feeder are on the Main, Levellers will be on at the Hothouse. Almost aqs stupid as putting the Editors on when Shed 7 were playing

Personally, I think Feeder are much bigger (and better) than Levellers. But that is just MY opinion and I can appreciate that it will be completely the other way around for some folk. They seem to be a very popular festival band and I just get the feeling Bella is the kind of festival they would normally expect to headline. Hence why I'm unsure if they'd be happy playing "under" Feeder.

I love Feeder and, having seen them live before, think they will be amazing at Bella.

I'm not a big Levellers fan. I enjoyed them at Rockness a few years ago and some of the more well-known tunes were good for a sing-a-long but that was about it (for me). However, I still hope they aren't pitted against each other as I would like to see both.

Mind you, they didn't headline the mainstage at Rockness a few years ago (07?) and played before the Manics. They might even have been on before the Automatic? I ken it's perhaps a bigger festie, and the Manics are a bigger band, but still...

:P

They would despise mainstream sucess.

Levellers are a bigger act, could Feeder put on their own festival every year for the past 6 years and sell it out with over 15,000 capacity?

The Levellers are a far more established festival act, far bigger than Feeder have been.

It is Beautiful Days and it tends to be a very popular event.

Instead of bickering over Feeder and the Levellers nobody seems to be making much fuss about wee Amy headlining. That for me is a poor call by the organisers and I just can't fathom where she deserved this billing

Recently I have tried to adapt a positive perspective on things and I think there is a fair bit on the bella lineup that has sparked my interest.

3 little birds came on in the pub the other night and folks were singing along. Plenty other classics for a sing song. bit of good weather and it will be great.

I don't like amy, i find her irritating at best, but can put up a good arguement for her being the headliner and fully understand why she is there as headliner:

1) She is Scottish, and a festival that has developed the theme of tartan heart cannot be faulted for a scottish biasis

2) She has sold out gigs throughout scotland, including barrowlands

3)She has had two albums that have had a good level of success

4)She does attract and meet the general demographic for Belladrum

5) She has played before and the festival does like bands that have played before.

Interesting fact though she will be the first solo headline act.

DP