Belladrum Tartan Heart 2010

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol not rich at all, my mates and I go for the unique atmosphere, banter with randoms etc whoever the acts are doesn't bother us as 1.there will be something we like and/or 2.to watch random, new acts we have never heard of/would never see.

I go to gigs to see the acts I like.

Funnily enough huge amounts of people that go to the UKs largest music festival say the same thing, just take a little look at the Glastonbury forum.

Pretty much exactly it :P nothing beats sitting with randoms late at night, with the stars up above, around a fire(depending on festival), speaking rubbish, singing, dancing and just generally having a good time.

Can't get that anywhere but a festival :P heaven.

Belladrum is an amazing festival for finding so many things to do outside of the music, we spend the majority of our time in the healing fields, the venus fly trap, verd garden and tir na og areas, only saw two bands on the main stage the whole of last year, that for me is wat a festval is all about, the rest of the time sat letting the kids run wild in the caravan area whilst supping beers and talking crap (the adults not the kids) makes for the perfect weekend for us.

Don't shoot me if this proves wrong, but rumour of announcements being made on 9th April......

So another shout from me for:

Mumford & Sons

Belle & Sebastian

Manics

Stornoway

Levellers

Los Campesinos

Laura Marling

Wild Beasts

Paulo Nutini

Frightened Rabbit

David Ford

Field Music

Erland & The Carnival

Luva Anna

and the return of James (for purely self-indulgent reasons)

:P:P:P

It is a mini mini mini Glasto but i kinda like that you can walk from one side of the site to the camp in about 15mins, unless of course you get way laid by the black isle lager (this may or may not have happened to me on numerous occasions)

The wishing tree from last year, spent a lot of time reading some poignant and some hilarious messages here last year.

2d1mr2h.jpg

Don't shoot me if this proves wrong, but rumour of announcements being made on 9th April......

Mumford & Sons

Belle & Sebastian

Manics

Stornoway

Levellers

Los Campesinos

Laura Marling

Wild Beasts

Paulo Nutini

Frightened Rabbit

David Ford

Field Music

Erland & The Carnival

Luva Anna

paulo nutini, levellers and mumford and sons have all been fairly consistently rumoured.

I think there is more than enough bands floating around to make this another fantastic year i would like to add another few for fear of being repetitive......

coedine velvet club

sparks

fun lovin criminals

cranberries

jedward (only joking)

nouvelle vague (perlease)

Jon otway

the new beautiful south

david gray

alabama 3 (the more i hear the more i love)

they might be giants

those ukele playing folkies

and a better line up of comedians not just and after thought

what a weird collection of music!!!

oh and please no amy macdonald

Mumford & Sons

Belle & Sebastian

Manics

Stornoway

Levellers

Los Campesinos

Laura Marling

Wild Beasts

Paulo Nutini

Frightened Rabbit

David Ford

Field Music

Erland & The Carnival

Luva Anna

Edited by tweemo freak

are they really that would be so great, do you think they would need a bigger tent?

but on a serious note the levellers have been rumoured for ages, and i suspect were very close to playing last year (ocs and the levellers seemed to swap festivals at the last minute). You cannot argue that they would consolidate the feel of the festival and that size wise they would be a realistic fit.

paulo was close to headlining three or four years ago and i get the feeling that joe regretteed not signing him up, so there is a link there with the promoters. I suspect that he will play sooner or later.

mumford and sons are a bit more unrealistic i suspect!!! they are (and rightfully so) the band of the moment. signing them would be a massive coup and if they are to play they would have signed a while ago.

T in the park do appear to be more understanding recently and pauolo and mumford may jump at teh chance of headlining a well esthablished festival.

I suspect, and gill i will expect a chilled glass of wine if i am right, that at least one of them will be there this year.

Edited by Red Day

Headsup guys

In the Highland News today

Scouting for Girls to make sensational return to headline Belladrum and in a concerted effort to reach the younger audience Jedward and Busted. Cheryl Cole will headline the second night with Echo and the Bunnyment, Embrace and Lipra Loof. Joe Gibbs commented "we are delighted to have the scouting for girls boys back after thier sensational set last time" he further noted"the callibre of bands this year have blown us away we are sure that this is the year that we raise the bar". Further announcements will be made in the near future

Headsup guys

In the Highland News today

Scouting for Girls to make sensational return to headline Belladrum and in a concerted effort to reach the younger audience Jedward and Busted. Cheryl Cole will headline the second night with Echo and the Bunnyment, Embrace and Lipra Loof. Joe Gibbs commented "we are delighted to have the scouting for girls boys back after thier sensational set last time" he further noted"the callibre of bands this year have blown us away we are sure that this is the year that we raise the bar". Further announcements will be made in the near future