Belladrum Tartan Heart 2010

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really the same, Rob only curates Bestival/Camp Bestival and is ran by the same people who do Creamfields/Rockness etc.

Levellers actually do run Beautiful Days, with no corporate/mainstream sponsorship either :P

And back to Amy, yeah she fits the Bella ethos but wouldn't be going to see her as she is pish IMO

Not really the same, Rob only curates Bestival/Camp Bestival and is ran by the same people who do Creamfields/Rockness etc.

Levellers actually do run Beautiful Days, with no corporate/mainstream sponsorship either :P

And back to Amy, yeah she fits the Bella ethos but wouldn't be going to see her as she is pish IMO

There's nobody that's made think "great, can't wait to see them" yet but have had that reaction to a couple of the previous first announcements for bella and went on to have a ball at all of them.

I love how you can just go on the bella myspace and click all the links to go directly to each band's page and listen to their stuff. It has made me go and see a lot of great bands i probably wouldn't have made the effort to check out otherwise. hopefully some good up-and-coming bands and some surprises to be added over the next couple of months. Am quite liking Goldheart Assembly just now, think they would be good at bella, similar vibe to fleet foxes, maybe a bit more in the bella budget!

Am a bit confused about Feeder though, when you go on their myspace they appear to now be called "Renegades", i vaguely remember reading something about them changing there name a while back, but as they have been announced as "Feeder" have they changed the name back? Or do the organisers just know that folk would be like WTF if they announced "Renegades" as the headliners! I am assuming they still play Feeder's back catalogue or a few folk might be miffed!

And although i don't think Amy Macdonald is a very inspired saturday night main stage headliner choice, i seen a bit of her set on the connect main stage and she held her own, a few good pop tunes to make the crowd happy, would go see her unless they pulled something good out the bag for tent headliner...

I had wondered about the Feeder / Renegades thing, as I also mind them mentioning a name change last year. I'm glad it's a side project as it's really the Feeder back catalogue that I want to hear :P

I'm not overly impressed with Amy headlining, I must admit I did expect a bigger act, but I do think she will draw a big crowd and we will be among them... unless someone better is announced for Hothouse at the same time. Are the Divine Comedy likely to take that slot, thoughts?