Rate the bands you saw

Guest Joshuwarr

Friday

Mr Hudson - Watched in the hope Kanye would show up. Fairly forgettable music that couldn't decide what it was.

Regina Spektor - Bloody lovely. Had a massive smile on my face afterwards.

Fleet Foxes - Was fairly drunk when these were on. Good music to chill in the sun with a beer in hand though.

Lily Allen - Shit sound at the front of the Pyramid but still ace.

Lady GaGa - Gave up my spot three songs in for a piss. Shamefully enjoyable.

The Ting Tings - Excellent. They're better live now than they were at festivals last year.

Animal Collective - AMAZING. Best band of the day. It was like the crowd was on ecstasy.

Saturday

Warsaw Village Band - Nice start to the day. Very talented.

Rolf Harris - BLOODY CLASS. Well fun.

Spinal Tap - Stonehenge. Nuff said.

Dizzee Rascal - Was so bassy that it tickled my ear drums. He should get a proper band instead of some shit village hall DJ. Good though.

Passion Pit - Absolutely wrecked and danced like an utter moron for the entirity of their set. Fantastic.

Florence & The Machine - Alright. Nice legs.

(A bit of) Kasabian - Good.

Bruce Springsteen - Bored me shitless. Sorry.

Sunday

Art Brut - Very good. A lot punkier than I expected.

Brand New - Enjoyable but went slightly downhill as they went on.

Enter Shikari - If we're going to have heavier bands can we have ones that aren't f**king shit? I'm going to nominate Mastodon for 2010.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Ace.

Bat for Lashes - BRILLIANT. Best band of the day.

Nick Cave - Couldn't get a good spot thanks to sad old c**ts in front of the D barrier taking up all the space with their chairs. /angrymanrant

Prodigy - Too packed by the time I got there. Not bothered as I saw them at Download but a second time would've been nice. I went to buy a nice flannel shirt in a sale instead.

I can't remember everyone right now but my faves of the weekend (in no particular order) were:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bat For Lashes, Blur, Klaxons, Passion Pit, Art Brut, Klaxons, Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip, King Blues, (I think that's all of them.)

Honourable mentions to The Whip, Laura Marling, Bjorn Again, Emiliana Torrini, The Specials, Tom Stade, Spinal Tap, Marina And The Diamonds (both sets), Playing For Change, Mumford and Sons.

The only real disappointment for me was Enter Shikari, only played 2 songs off the first album, missed loads of big songs and replaced loads of the cool synth parts with a brass section.

Thursday

Maximo Park - was inside the Queens Head tent - like a furnace in there but a great start to the weekend

Friday

Bjorn Again - cheesy but a great singalong for closet Abba fans

Gabriella Cilmi - zzzzzzzzzz

The View - good performance but couldn't understand a word that they said between songs cos of their strong Dundee accents!!!

Lily Allen - was sceptical beforehand but she won me over - a great performance

The Specials - pure class - enough said!

Bloc Party - uninspiring

Saturday

Rolf Harris - the man is pure genius, wrong stage though, should have been on the pyramid

Esser - a good performance but needed to vary their set from the set they did when supporting the Kaisers

The Script - really impressive, the guys were dumbstruck with the reception they received

Badly Drawn Boy - great performance in a great venue (Avalon) - wouldn't have worked on a bigger stage

Pendulum - what's all that about? I'm getting too old for that!

Franz Ferdinand - a set of two halves - 1st half was really good, 2nd half was boring, biggest disappointment of the weekend

Sunday

Tom Jones - a great display, a good, mixed, set

Madness - The Prince of performances, you got what you expected - total madness!

Bon Iver - zzzzzzzzzz

Blur - awesome, mind blowing, stunning, most memorable, spine tingling....need I say more?!

Bjorn Again - An Abba tribute band in the pissing rain. Great way to start a weekend of music off.

Regina Spektor - Really enjoyed her, wasn't familiar with her beforehand but she was great.

Fleet Foxes - Worst band I saw. Really didn't live up to the hype.

The Specials - Were great and Do The Dog was a good opening choice. Terry Hall is very miserable though.

Neil Young - Put on a good performance. The extended version of Rockin' In The Free World was great, if not comical.

Rolf Harris - The place was rammed, it was ridiculous. He was a laugh though, nice start to the day.

Eagles Of Death Metal - While they were good, they weren't as good as other times I've seen them. I think they were a little intimidated by being on a big stage.

Spinal Tap - They went to 11 and beyond. I couldn't stop grinning when they came onstage. "If it wasn't for Michael Jackson, Spinal Tap wouldn't exist".

Kasabian - Getting into the Pyramid area was effort. They were enjoyable, not the amazing live experience I'd heard about but still a good watch.

Bruce Springsteen - He was great. I don't listen to him much but I enjoyed every song he did. Born To Run was particularly good.

Status Quo - Great way to start the day. A bit of classic rock to kick things off.

Tom Jones - A classics-filled set. He was a laugh and a true legend.

Madness - Were good fun, a nice singalong.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Not too familiar with him but I quite liked what I heard.

Blur - The one act I'd been waiting to see all weekend, and they didn't let me down. I got such goosebumps from it and it was pretty emotional at times.

• 3 weeks later...

Friday:

N.E.R.D. - 7/10

Fleet Foxes - 8/10

Lily Allen - 7/10

The Specials - 6/10

Neil Young - 9/10 (went under curfew when he should have gone over)

Saturday:

Broken Family Band - 5/10

Peter Bjorn & John - 6/10

Metric - 9/10

Peggy Sue & the Pirates - 6/10

special guest whose name I forgot - 6/10

Broken Records - 5/10

Emmy the Great 9/10

Bruce Springsteen - 7/10

Lucifire & Fancy Chance (does this count?) - WTF/10

Sunday:

Wave Machines - 5/10

We Have Band - 6/10

Twisted Wheel - 4/10

Emmy the Great - 9/10

Enter ShiTkari 1/10

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 9/10

Bat for Lashes - 9/10

Nick Cave - 7/10

Blur - 10/10

The Rakes - ok

Maccabees - love them 8/10

White lies - good 7/10

Friendly fires - good 7/10

The Horrors - excellent 9/10

Bloc Party - very drunk, seen them before, should have seen someone else 6/10

Docherty- ok 7/10

Kasabian - very good, crowd 2/10 , band 8/10

Jarvis Cocker 9/10

The Mummers 9/10

I cant remember a lot of the bands I saw but this is what i remember.

Friday:

The Whip - 7/10 , probably would have enjoyed it more had i not felt like death, following a heavy drinking binge after finding out about jacko

Stephanie Mckay - 8/10, randomly stumbled across her on the Jazz World, Fantastic Voice

Fleet Foxes - 5/10, most dissapointing band of the weekend, really did not suit the pyramid stage and their mix was awful.

The Dead Weather - 9/10, fantastic sound, unexpectedly good

The Specials - 8/10, plenty of tunes, the ghost town singalong was massive

The Horrors - 8/10, new material is amazing, Sea Within A Sea and Scarlet Fields were immense. They've improved dramatically as a band since their first album

Bloc Party - 8/10, Best time i've seen them out of 3 times. Solid performance

Saturday:

Spinal Tap 6/10 - a few laughs but not great musically

Kasabian 9/10 - always excellent live, really worked the crowd well. The crowd went mental for fire

Bruce Springsteen And The E Street Band 10/10 - Absolutely amazing, I didnt know half the songs he played but he still blew me away. Also i touched his guitar in born to run ;)

Sunday :

Tom Jones 7/10 - Delilah was huge

YYY 8/10 - only caught 1/2 their set, but was still blown away by their energy. Maps was beautiful

Madness 6/10 - 1st half of the set was dull, second half better

Nick Cave 7/10 - good performance, however was far too monged to appreciate it

Blur 10/10 - Just wow, I was not expecting them to be that good. Tender and This Is A Low brought a tear to my eye. A real glastonbury moment and a fantastic finish to the weekend.

Thursday

Maximo Park - 9/10

Absolutely loved them. The heat in the tent was murder until they came on, but I got really close to the front towards the end, and the crowd was awesome. If you're the guy that rocked out with me to Apply Some Pressure, thank you.

Friday

Gabriella Cilmi - 5/10

Uninspiring. Stunning voice, but honestly, she bored me. Didn't play the only song of her's that I like either. ;)

Regina Spektor. - 9/10

I was looking forward to her so much, and she didn't disappoint. I adore her music anyway, she was really good with the crowd, and played a fantastic setlist. And she played a chair for two of her songs. A chair.

3 Daft Monkeys - 9.5/10

Was tempted to give this a 10. f**king superb. We went to see them purely based on the comments others had made about them on here, having never heard any of their stuff at all, and I'm so glad we did. Captured the Glastonbury spirit perfectly. Wanted to catch them again on Sunday, but forgot. :lol:

Little Boots - 7.5/10

Not really my cup of tea, but she was good. Apart from the couple pissed off their faces stood behind us that kept barging into me, I enjoyed it.

British Sea Power - 8.5/10

One of the bands I was looking forward to more than anyone else. Got there early, tent was pretty much empty, so we got to stand right near the barriers. Which turned out to be a bad idea. The bass completely ruined my ears. Was in pain for most of the first few songs, though the air siren was f**king awesome. Went a bit further back after that, and the sound was better, though still leaving something to be desired. Overall, thoroughly enjoyed, though.

Animal Collective - 4/10

Bored shitless, quite frankly. Stayed for about 20 minutes.

Bloc Party - ?/10

I can't remember much about this, actually. I think they were good. I know that I enjoyed it, at least. I got chatting with a group of nice lads there, and they fed me booze & other various delights. So yeah, not entirely sure.

Saturday

First Aid Kit - 6.5/10

I enjoyed one or two songs, but I thought they looked incredibly nervous, and incredibly amateurish.

The Low Anthem - 9.5/10

f**king amazing. Three of the most talented musicians I've ever seen. I think they each played about 5 different instruments each during the set. Their set was quite varied, and I'll admit I enjoyed the bluesy stuff the most, but all of it was absolutely stellar.

Metric - 8/10

I'd have enjoyed them more if I, and about 95% of the crowd, had known more than 2 songs. Emily Haines put on a hell of a performance, and they looked at the top of their game, so it's a shame they don't get much exposure over here.

Pete Doherty - 7/10

Turned up mainly for the Libs stuff I knew he'd do. Was pretty bored for most of his solo stuff, as I didn't know any of it, but Time for Heroes alone made it worthwhile

Maximo Park - 7.5/10

Nowhere near as good as Thursday, but still enjoyable.

Pendulum - 9.5/10

Immense. The fact that the crowd consisted mainly of twats, me barely being able to stand, and the annoying mc were the only downers.

Franz Ferdinand - 9.5/10

So, so glad I decided to stay and watch them. Brilliant set, brilliant crowd. Yeah, brilliant gig.

Sunday

Brand New - 9/10

Just for the fact that Jesse Lacey did Oh Comely at the end. It'd have been a 6.5 otherwise. Seriously. Big Glasto moment for me.

Enter Shikari - 1/10

Absolutely terrible.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 8/10

I was in a hell of a lot of pain by now, which kind of ruined this for me. The 6"3' bloke stood directly in front of me didn't help, either. Couldn't see much for most of the set. Was an excellent gig from what I saw, though.

Glasvegas - ?/10

Would be unfair to rate. Saw the first song, Geraldine, which I thoroughly enjoyed, before realising I was dying for a pee. Took in excess of half an hour for me to get myself out of the crowd, queue for the toilet and then navigate myself back to my lot, by which time, they'd almost finished.

Blur - 10/10

So, so, so glad I saw them. Sprinted over to the Pyramid when I realised I'd be making seeing Prodigy, and proceeded to push myself(sorry!) to a respectable position in the crowd. Legendary performance.

Edited by Messy

Fleet Foxes- 9/10

Emmy the Great- 9/10

Madness- 7/10

Spinal Tap- 8/10

Tom Jones- 6/10

The Horrors- 8/10

Klaxons- 8/10

Prodigy- 4/10 (disappointing)

Pendulum- 10/10

Little Boots- 7/10

Specials- 7/10

Friday (only arrived 9pm friday so only saw one band!)

Ray Davies - Excellent

Saturday

Eagles of Death Metal - Good (although where was Josh Homme?)

Spinal Tap - AMAZING!

Pendulum - Good

2 Many DJs - Average. Thought there would be more of a stage show, not just two blokes playing CDs.

Springsteen - Boring

Sunday

Easy Star All Stars - Excellent! (slight bias there though...)

Status Quo - Excellent

Tom Jones - Pap

Madness - Average

Prodigy - Awesome

Friday:

The Maccabees: Really enjoyed them, love their music, decent but without the x-factor 7/10

The View: Not great, didn't think they got the crowd going until the end 4/10

White Lies: Awesome. My first Glastonbury and it was at this point that I began to understand why it is so special. Dancing in the Dark was fun and To Lose My Life was one of my highlights of the weekend 8.5/10

The Dead Weathers: I'll admit to being a bit disappointed when they came on, I'd been hoping for Muse or Vampire Weekend but thought they had an interesting sound and was great to see Jack White 7/10

Lady Gaga: So disappointing. She has three good songs and the rest are barren. Plus she talked and talked about nothing and kept changing clothes 3/10

Ting Tings: Generally I'm a bit take it or leave it with these guys but they were very enjoyable and there was something about them having been in the BBC tent two years ago that made their slot quite special 7/10

Bloc Party: Had never seen them before and was blown away 9.5/10

Saturday:

Rolf Harris: Good fun and amusing banter in the sunshine but not really a highlight for me 6/10

The Gaslight Anthem: Even without Bruce this was a sensational gig from a coming band who I had barely stopped listening to for weeks before Glastonbury 10/10

Kasabian: Got the crowd going, Fire was great. 7/10

Bruce: I'm so torn on this, I can see both points of view. I was so shattered by the end that when he rolled out the big songs I didn't have the energy. Perhaps one of those gigs that looks better with hindsight. An awesome showman no doubt and perhaps if I had listened to a couple more of his records beforehand I'd have enjoyed the middle section more 8/10

Sunday:

Status Quo: Great fun rocking in the sunshine, can only be a 7 as you know exactly what you're getting every time 7/10

Madness: Really enjoyed this, cheesy, slightly bonkers but just drank the cider and had a great time dancing 7.5/10

Nick Cave: I'm not the biggest fan of his music but this really dragged me down from my cider high 5/10

Blur: There's nothing more to be said about this gig 10/10

Edited by In transit

AMAZING:

Madness

Pendulum

Bloc Party

VERY GOOD:

Lilly Allen

Spinal Tap

The Ting Tings

Tom Jones

ALRIGHTISH:

Prodigy

Rolf Harris (Only for being in a very dull area of the crowd)

POOR:

N.E.R.D

Did see some other bands but just cant remember who they were and how good they were!

FRIDAY

Bjorn Again: 7/10 - An Abba tribute band in the pissing rain. What a way to kick things off!

Regina Spektor: 8/10 - Never heard her before but she really impressed me.

Fleet Foxes: 3/10 - Didn't live up to the hype to say the least.

The Specials: 8/10 - A great performance, the crowd and the band (except Terry Hall, of course...) were up for it. Ghost Town in the sunset was one of the most memorable moments.

Neil Young: 9/10 - The atmosphere was a lot calmer after the craziness of The Specials but he really did put on a performance. The neverending version Rockin' In The Free World was a highlight.

SATURDAY

Rolf Harris: 8/10 - A living legend.

Eagles Of Death Metal: 7/10 - Not as brilliant as other times - I don't think they're suited to big stages - but a pretty solid performance nonetheless.

Spinal Tap: 11/10 - What other rating would anyone give them? :) They were hilarious all the way through.

Lunasa: 6/10 - Were alright. Irish Folk Music to chill to in the mid-afternoon.

Kasabian: 7/10 - Not the incredible live experience I keep hearing about but they were still enjoyable.

Bruce Springsteen: 9/10 - Proved (it all night, hur hur hur...) why he is the stadium giant that he is. Two and a half hours of anthems.

SUNDAY

Easy Star All Stars: 6/10 - Some interesting versions of classic songs.

Status Quo: 7/10 - Good old fashioned rock, the way it should be!

Tom Jones: 8/10 - The man is a legend and had such stage presence.

Madness: 9/10 - A really fun set, hit after hit after hit and they all seemed to enjoy being there. "He's probably the best keyboardist in the band".

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds: 6/10 - Was OK.

Blur: 10/10 - What I had been waiting for all weekend. An incredible finish to an amazing five days. Packed with classics and a few fan favourites, they were just something else. And The Universal...what a way to finish an intense set which will go down in Glastonbury history!

• 3 weeks later...

FRIDAY:

Bjorn Again 8/10 - perfect start

The Slips 7/10

The Rakes 2/10 - worst band of the weekend for me

Maccabees 9/10 - from the worst to one of the best

Lily Allen 7/10 - huge crowd

Noah and the Whale 8/10

Ting Tings (some) 6/10

Neil Young (some) 9/10 - great stuff, only moved on cos mate wanted to see....

Doves 9/10 - equally good

SATURDAY:

Broken Family Band 7/10 - nice and chilled, and singer was a scream

Rolf Harris 10/10 - what a God

Lancashire Hotpots - 8/10

The Script 5/10 - again, mate likes em

Hockey(some) 7/10

Paolo Nutini 8/10 - biggest suprise of the weekend for me - really enjoyed him

Maximo Park 9/10 - I'm biased, as I'm a big fanboy

Bruce - 10/10 - awesome

SUNDAY

Quo - 8/10 - great

Tom Jones 6/10 - naff

Yeah Yeah Yeahs (some) - 4/10 - sounded good but crowd was huge, too far back

Noisettes 7/10

Wombats 8/10

Blur 9/10 - great finish

All in All a terrific Glasto - quality was right up there. Particularly headliners...none disappointed

Some good music I stumbled across on the littler stages worth bigging up

Bishi - come on a bit since last year, now got a full backing band (and dancers!). Imagine if Lily Allen had a deep knowledge of Englieh and Bengali folk music, and could play the sitar...

Selfish C**t - sonic assualt merchants with frontman reminiscent of an Emo Jim Morrsion, lots of spoken word passages with the occasional launch into impassioned singing. Different.

3 Daft Monkeys - Got the crowd going, mini-Levellers style. What more could u ask for.

Innishowen Gospel Choir - 12 piece choir with backing band on the Tadpole Stage. Churchy, sure, but funky with it. Put their heart & soul into a performance in front of about 50 people (well the tent only holds about 100)

Urban Voodoo Machine - The by now familiar mix of gypsy, punk & 40s jive , but done with panache in a perfectly suited venue (Dragstrip @ Trash City)

Mik Artistik - On at the Avalon Cafe. Songs about avoiding dog turds, and finding cassettes in skips. Good banter with the audience, and never scared to ad-lib until he got the last word in.

Roll on 2010 !!... (if lucky enuff to get tickets)