Ufc

just/john

Shogun has to retire, that was painful to watch. Don't even think I'll watch the rest of the card, gutted McCall/Lineker didn't happen.

Only watched the prelims (which were amazing) and Bisping/Rockhold from the Sydney card so far. 11 fights 11 finishes. I think Rockhold/Jacare is the fight to make, to decide the next #1 contender. Bisping should fight The Spider, let it headline a UK event!

I can't wait for Pettis/Melandez next month, injury pending that is. This year has been so bad for injuries.

I reckon Dana was miffed that bisping lost, he was obviously lined up for the O2 fight in february against a decent opponent if he won. Now the potential card for O2 is decidedly limited in terms of big name draws, especially with connor fighting in Jan.

Seriously tempted to go to UFC Stockholm on 24 Feb. Gus v Rumble, and Hendo v Mousasi at 185!, all in a 40,000 seater stadium. I have wanted to see Hendo fight live ever since I got into MMA, and this could be my one and only chance.

Flights are £92 from LGW, hotels are about £100 a night. Could work out expensive.

Seriously tempted to go to UFC Stockholm on 24 Feb. Gus v Rumble, and Hendo v Mousasi at 185!, all in a 40,000 seater stadium. I have wanted to see Hendo fight live ever since I got into MMA, and this could be my one and only chance.

Flights are £92 from LGW, hotels are about £100 a night. Could work out expensive.

Have a look at Airbnb for accommodation.

Stockholm is an incredible place. Double up and make a nice weekend of it.

I'd love to go but will be strapped for cash with it being so soon after Xmas.

I've already made myself a promise that if Mcgregor vs Aldo does happen in Dublin then I will be going. The UFC have been speaking about coming to Scotland for a Fight Night for a while now, would love for that to happen.

Wonder what the big announcement is meant to be? Pressed was shit apart from DIaz, Conor and some guy giving Dana shit about DVDs he promised him. Oh and Dana saying they are 100% working on coming to Scotland.

Jones and Silva sparred after it and there is a cool photon of it, be nice if some footage surfaces.

Has Mcgregor went too far? Tweeted Siver calling him a nazi, has since deleted it.

Kelvin Gastelum vs Tyron Woodley is the co-main event for 183. Huge step up for Kelvin but he has impressed so far.

One more thing, I'm really enjoying this season of TUF. The fights have been great.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

I think TUF has been awful, the "mean girls" are just bullies - which is ironic seeing as how most of them have wept whilst moaning about hard upbringings.

The fights on the whole have been OK, but as usual - women's striking is miles behind men's MMA. I hope Jojo does well, as she has carried herself superbly, her voice makes me melt (I'm married to a glaswegian) but I fear Rose might be too much for her. I have liked Rose for a long time, it isn't nice seeing her ally herself with the mean girls. Heather seems alright, but seems like she could get annoying. Felice does my tits in, she thinks she is the hottest thing on 2 legs, but she just looks like a bloke in a dress. And don't get me started on Mangina.

Anyways, yes McGregor went too far with the tweet, he needs to reign himself in a bit, something I said not too long ago. You cant talk yourself to the top, you have to fight your way there. Lots and lots of people are just waiting for him to lose so they can point and laugh.

The big announcement (according to the sherdog forums) is John Cena moving from fake wrestling to the UFC.

• 2 weeks later...

Aw man the last 15 seconds when Lawler was going for it was awesome. I thought Hendricks won 48-47. Was shocked when Lawler got announced as winner but was so happy for him. If you watch it back you can actually see Herb Dean raising Hendricks arm when they announce 49-46 then quickly changes when Buffer says " and new".

Was a really good card. Great seeing Pettis get the win by sub. Let's just hope he can stay healthy. He's well on his way to becoming one of best p4p.

Josh Samman's KO was spectacular.

Looking forward to the return of JDS this weekend. One my favourites.

Its arguable, the posters on sherdog seem satisfied, it wasnt the worst decision we have ever seen. 1 and 5 could have gone to Lawler, and 4 was arguable.

Most people gave JH 2,3 and 4. The judges scorecards were hilarious - well the one who gave RL round 2.

On balance - I was resigned to the fact that Hendricks hand was getting raised right up to the point when Buffer said "new".

I might rewatch it today with fresh eyes, because I do find myself swayed by what Rogan and Goldie say during a fight.

A rubber match is inevitable, probably happens somewhere around early/mid 2015.

I gave three rounds to Hendricks 2,3,4 and 1 and 5 to Lawler, however round 4 was very close so it go have gone either way. However I simply cannot understand the judge who scored it 49-46 for Lawler!!!

Looking forward for events coming up from UFC, next weekend event should be good. Then the Jones/Courmier ppv, I have been waiting a while for that fight, should be another cracker

Joe Rogan was a guest on The Fighter and The Kid's (Brendan Schaub and Brian Callen) latest podcast and pulled no punches.

The whole podcast he is basically telling Schaub he should retire as he isn't good enough to compete with the elite and that he is worried about his future if he continues fighting.

• 2 weeks later...

Dominic Cruz is out again, torn his ACL again but this time in the right leg. Awful news. Assuncao would seem the next likely contender but guess what? He's out too with a broken ankle. That leaves Barao/Dillashaw 2 in another UFC rematch. I think it's time for Mighty Mouse to move up and challenge TJ. He has cleaned out his own division and this is a great chance for him to get the recognition he deserves.

Not long now until Jones/DC, who is everyone picking?

I'm going with Jones as he always seems to find a way to get the win, usually in dominating fashion but this will be a tough test. Going to be interesting to see what happens if/when DC takes him down. I just feel that Jones has faced a lot more elite level fighters. DC is great but all of his UFC fights so far have hardly been against the best, all the people he has faced are way past their time (apart from Pat Cummins haha). That's my prediction though and I won't be surprised if DC does win, that is what makes this fight so exciting as it could go either way.

Edited by When Jokers Attack