Ufc

just/john

The bisping fight was disappointing, Bisping is a love/hate character, but I do like his swagger a little bit. I met him, and he was a bit of a dick.

It really does grate on me when people talk a huge amount of shit but then dont back it up - read bisping for most fights (but this was by far his most gobby) and Dan Hardy before Condit taught him a lesson.

I didnt notice them giving aubin mercier no credit, I thought they were quite the opposite? It did take me a while to work out who was who though!

Did you watch the new TUF? I really liked it.

UFC love that sort of thing. The gobby fighters. Hardy has got himself a job for life by being exciting and a character. So you can't blame folk for going into UFC with that sort of attitude. Conor McGregor has gone in with the same attitude and will stay there for a while as a result.

They gave Aubin-Mercier credit in round one, but after that it was all about the Laprise masterclass in everything, and even at the end, they said something like "you're not the best outside of UFC anymore" which was absolutely pathetic. I don't know whose kettle Aubin-Mercier pissed in, but they hatcheted him.

And I haven't watched TUF yet.

Edited by DomDom1984

One of the high points in TUF is an ex Bellator champ entering TUF!

IMHO, gobby is one thing, I wouldnt class McGregor as gobby per se - he just tells everyone he is the GOAT. Did you see Bisping at the weigh ins? It was funny, actually funny "look at you!, You're a fucking mess!" and "I'm gonna fuck you up tomorrow night!" I was laughing like fuck, and when he got beaten I had to smile a little bit.

I think everyone has said that Hardy is actually a nice bloke, he was very humble, and very good conversation on the Rogan podcast. I dont recall him shit talking a lot, other than before the condit fight? I'm no expert though.

Bisping has always been like that, when he was in TUF everyone wanted to knock him out, then Hendo fucking sparked him. You'd think he'd have learned from that?

I know its all showmanship, and fight selling, but it does feel cheap when they do what they did on wednesday and started kissing each others arses.

edited to add

ooh, dat K.J Noons doe!

Edited by t8yman

I just don't see it. He's definitely aggressive, but Jones is not an idiot. Plus, he has his reach advantage back. I'd wager that Teixeira is going to be problematic for Jones once or twice like equally tricky strikers have been for him, but Jones will finish him pretty early doors I think.

Not using spoilers as I assume anyone coming in here now should be up to date.

Jones looked brilliant last night, Domination but those eye pokes are getting seriously annoying. Dana said Jones/Gus II may be in Sweden. Nothing confimed yet though but if it happens and depending on when and how much it would cost I would consider going. Biggest fight UFC have to offer right now.

How good did Rumble Johnson look last night btw? Phil Davis showed him nothing. I'd like to see Rumble vs Rashad next, If Rashad is still out for a while then let's see Rumble vs Glover. Next for Phil Davis will probably be Shogun.

The Fight Pass prelim last night probably had the KO of the year so far. Flying Knee.

• 2 weeks later...

thats bad news. can bellator ever pull off a PPV event?

Matt Brown was a fucking beast last night. And I thought the koch stoppage was premature, especially considering how long Herb "stopping fights too early" Dean let the main event go on for.

I thought bellator was a little underwhelming. The ortiz fight was just wrong, I know it was both fighters choice, but TO was huge compared to AS, it was a total mismatch, and puts an unnecessary figure in AS's loss column.

The rampage fight was fairly dull, and I didnt think jackson did enough for the win, as dull as mo was, he controlled the fight, was the aggressor, and should have won on takedowns alone.

I was gutted, cos I thought it was UFC this weekend, so I got back from wembley all fired up to watch hendo.