Ufc

just/john

Anderson doesnt deserve the next shot, his last 2 fights were defeats to weidman. I'm sure most agree, belfort (whilst a credible candidate with his form) is tainted with all of the trt stuff. I would say rockhold should be next for weidman. Middleweight is a lot like LHW, not enough new blood with high profiles to make for interesting cards/fights IMHO.

So, the moment of reckoning appears for Conor. What do people expect? I reckon he will finish Siver in the first round - first minute I doubt, but I just dont see this going any other way.

Dana already said he gets Aldo next, possibly at Croke Park. I hope the announcement is straight after the fight if all goes to plan. Would like to organise plans etc, I'm sure hotels will be at a premium that weekend!

Doing a little digging, it appears Croke Park is provisionally booked for a "non GAA" event in late May.

http://severemma.com/2014/12/croke-park-provisionally-held-for-non-gaa-sporting-event-in-late-may-2015/

Which would tie in for UFC 187 on May 23rd?

So, the moment of reckoning appears for Conor. What do people expect? I reckon he will finish Siver in the first round - first minute I doubt, but I just dont see this going any other way.

Dana already said he gets Aldo next, possibly at Croke Park. I hope the announcement is straight after the fight if all goes to plan. Would like to organise plans etc, I'm sure hotels will be at a premium that weekend!

Doing a little digging, it appears Croke Park is provisionally booked for a "non GAA" event in late May.

http://severemma.com/2014/12/croke-park-provisionally-held-for-non-gaa-sporting-event-in-late-may-2015/

Which would tie in for UFC 187 on May 23rd?

Yep looks like it! All the gigs (well The Script) have already been announced.

Drop me a PM if and when you decide to go - McGregor winning obviously - and I'll let you know the best places to stay etc.

Conor will win but I'll go for a third round TKO. Bit shit it's on early Monday morning, Aldo is already confirmed to be in Boston so hopefully something gets announced.

I will be going if it's in Ireland. Just can't miss this.I thought they were targeting the Aviva stadium as I remember seeing a photo of Conor there, hinting at a future fight.

I don't think Conor beats Aldo though. Be crazy if he finished him in the first round.

Conor will win but I'll go for a third round TKO. Bit shit it's on early Monday morning, Aldo is already confirmed to be in Boston so hopefully something gets announced.

I will be going if it's in Ireland. Just can't miss this.I thought they were targeting the Aviva stadium as I remember seeing a photo of Conor there, hinting at a future fight.

I don't think Conor beats Aldo though. Be crazy if he finished him in the first round.

I didnt even realise that until you mentioned it. Why the fuck is that happening?

Bit gutted the fight is in Vegas but glad it's happening, I just don't think anyone in the weight class beats Aldo, it's a bit like Anderson Silva - believe it when I see it type of thing. Either way if Conor wins or loses, we still have a lot of fun fights ahead for him. Edgar, Swanson and of course Mendes. I think Aldo to win and then move up to lightweight for a super fight with Pettis.

One of the worst judging decisions I've seen in a long time last night on the prelims. Cathal Pendred won 30-27 an don't think anyone agreed with it. Will need to watch again but I also thought Henderson beat Cerrone 30-27, that was a fight that needed 5 rounds.

On paper a great fight card this weekend, #1 contender bout between Rumble Johnson and Gustaffson and Dan Henderson vs Mousasi. Also not long now until the return of The Spider.

Bit gutted the fight is in Vegas but glad it's happening, I just don't think anyone in the weight class beats Aldo, it's a bit like Anderson Silva - believe it when I see it type of thing. Either way if Conor wins or loses, we still have a lot of fun fights ahead for him. Edgar, Swanson and of course Mendes. I think Aldo to win and then move up to lightweight for a super fight with Pettis.

One of the worst judging decisions I've seen in a long time last night on the prelims. Cathal Pendred won 30-27 an don't think anyone agreed with it. Will need to watch again but I also thought Henderson beat Cerrone 30-27, that was a fight that needed 5 rounds.

On paper a great fight card this weekend, #1 contender bout between Rumble Johnson and Gustaffson and Dan Henderson vs Mousasi. Also not long now until the return of The Spider.

Silva was getting beat both times, but I get your point. After a while Aldo might show cracks and signs of how to be beat, but at the moment he does look pretty good. Id like to think Conor could do it and land some big strikes, but I could see Aldo doing the exact same to Conor. As much as its the fight that people want to see, Conor hasnt been tested yet really, but im sure a loss to Aldo wouldnt hurt Conor too much. But the way he would talk after he beat Aldo would be incredible.

I think if Aldo was to win, maybe 1 or 2 more fights then move up to fight Pettis. Pettis might even move up at some point, as well as eventually maybe TJ if he can walk over Barao again and Cruz stays injured for a long time again. Aldo moving could start a chain reaction of champions moving up to try their craft at a higher weight.

As much as i wanted Cerrone to win, I thought Bendo had the win. Gus to get the win at the weekend, setting up another fight where I hope Gus could get the win. I doubt UFC would do it, but Rumble vs Cormier would be a great fight IMO

Frankie destroys Macgregor

So does Mendes and Swanson.

After Aldo has destroyed him that is.

Destroys is quite strong I think, Conor will keep getting better I hope, so I would like to think it would be a good fight if Conor can try keep it on the feet a bit.

Off topic, but who do you think the main event under the Reebok deal will be? UFC 189 in July, do you think a Jones Gus rematch would be a doable fight?

Bendo beat cerrone hands down, and I'm a big cowboy fan. Van beuren v oconnel was incredible. Conor is starting to get on my tits tbh. He did a good job, but siver wasn't as much of a big deal as poirier was, half of me wants him to win the belt, the other half wants aldo to paste him.

Silva was getting beat both times, but I get your point. After a while Aldo might show cracks and signs of how to be beat, but at the moment he does look pretty good. Id like to think Conor could do it and land some big strikes, but I could see Aldo doing the exact same to Conor. As much as its the fight that people want to see, Conor hasnt been tested yet really, but im sure a loss to Aldo wouldnt hurt Conor too much. But the way he would talk after he beat Aldo would be incredible.

I think if Aldo was to win, maybe 1 or 2 more fights then move up to fight Pettis. Pettis might even move up at some point, as well as eventually maybe TJ if he can walk over Barao again and Cruz stays injured for a long time again. Aldo moving could start a chain reaction of champions moving up to try their craft at a higher weight.

As much as i wanted Cerrone to win, I thought Bendo had the win. Gus to get the win at the weekend, setting up another fight where I hope Gus could get the win. I doubt UFC would do it, but Rumble vs Cormier would be a great fight IMO

Destroys is quite strong I think, Conor will keep getting better I hope, so I would like to think it would be a good fight if Conor can try keep it on the feet a bit.

Off topic, but who do you think the main event under the Reebok deal will be? UFC 189 in July, do you think a Jones Gus rematch would be a doable fight?

You really though Silva was going to lose to Weidman going into their first fight? Aldo and Jon Jones are two fighters I would never bet against (fighting in their current weight classes). People and myself included tend to forget that Aldo is only 28, often think he is older as he has been at the top for so long now. If anyone needs to move up it's Mighty Mouse, he has cleaned out that division and I'd love to see him test himself against TJ and Barao.

I think Gus gets the win this weekend and it will be a cracking fight, A rematch with Jones in July sounds about right as the June PPV is hopefully going to be Cain vs Werdum.

Bendo beat cerrone hands down, and I'm a big cowboy fan. Van beuren v oconnel was incredible. Conor is starting to get on my tits tbh. He did a good job, but siver wasn't as much of a big deal as poirier was, half of me wants him to win the belt, the other half wants aldo to paste him.

I missed Van Buren fight so will check it out on Fight Pass.

Still got to watch Bellator as well.

McGregor gets better as a fight goes on as his confidence grows, and he becomes almost untouchable at that point. Any fighter will have problems with that, including Aldo. It's what happens in those opening minutes which is the key. If Aldo doesn't go full pelt at him, he's going to leave himself open to a big shot.

If he DOES go full pelt and can't finish it, he'll fade as he's done in the past when he's gone at the fight in that way.

This is a much more dangerous fight than some people think. I don't think McGregor is going to beat Aldo, but I'm not going to dismiss him. You can never dismiss someone with that talent.

You really though Silva was going to lose to Weidman going into their first fight? Aldo and Jon Jones are two fighters I would never bet against (fighting in their current weight classes). People and myself included tend to forget that Aldo is only 28, often think he is older as he has been at the top for so long now. If anyone needs to move up it's Mighty Mouse, he has cleaned out that division and I'd love to see him test himself against TJ and Barao.

I think Gus gets the win this weekend and it will be a cracking fight, A rematch with Jones in July sounds about right as the June PPV is hopefully going to be Cain vs Werdum.

Going into the fight I didnt think anyone would be able to touch Silva, but after the first few minutes it looked possible. Before the fight I thought Silva could have gone unbeaten in the UFC and retire the champion, maybe lay the belt down in the octogon and say he is walking away from the sport as he couldnt do any more. But that never happened. Aldo should move up soon anyway, same for Mighty Mouse. Who do you have in the TJ Barao rematch?

McGregor gets better as a fight goes on as his confidence grows, and he becomes almost untouchable at that point. Any fighter will have problems with that, including Aldo. It's what happens in those opening minutes which is the key. If Aldo doesn't go full pelt at him, he's going to leave himself open to a big shot.

If he DOES go full pelt and can't finish it, he'll fade as he's done in the past when he's gone at the fight in that way.

This is a much more dangerous fight than some people think. I don't think McGregor is going to beat Aldo, but I'm not going to dismiss him. You can never dismiss someone with that talent.

Id liked to have seen McGregor be tested against someone going full pelt at him before he faced Aldo, just so we know if McGregor can normally handle that sort of attack. We havent seen much of McGregors tank, but I hope he would be able to do 5 hard rounds, or at least 4 hard rounds and only fade a little. If McGregor doesnt win this time, he will win the title one day I think. If thats after Aldo moves up and Frankie isnt a test anymore then so be it, but he will bring the gold back to Ireland one day