Ufc

just/john

Just seen that Mayweather and Pacquiao exchanged numbers, and the fight is rumoured for May 2nd. That might put Dana and the UFC off from doing the Aldo McGregor fight in May as they might not get as much publicity or buys if its in the same month as the biggest boxing match that can be done at the moment. Just a thought

Totally different crowd imho. Since I got into MMA, I find boxing incredibly dull.

Dana mentioned a while ago that they had to really weigh up if it was worth running a card close to a major boxing event, cant remember what UFC event it was but I think it was against a Mayweather fight. His reasoning was fight fans may not want to buy 2 expensive cards close together, even though they are not the exact same sport. Id like to see the UFC just put the card where they want it and show the popularity of the sport now.

Not sure if anyone else on here reads Fightland (VICE site that does MMA) but they have been putting up some great articles breaking down Silva vs Diaz. Their articles are always great to be honest, definitely my favourite MMA analysis site on the net. Especially the ones done by a British guy, Jack Slack.

The latest one on Silva/Diaz

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/the-paths-meet-nick-diaz-and-anderson-silva-collide

Ufc 189 Aldo vs McGregor July 11th

Confirmed or rumour? It fits with the Vegas schedule, just thought Jones might be on that card

Edit: Just seen its confirmed, international fight week. Sounds like a good time for a big fight

Weidman out of the belfort fight, rib injury. Fucking injuries are the biggest threat to this sport! I know it goes with the territory, but grrrrrr!

Hope this year isnt too bad with injuries, but if Weidman is out that could set the fight back a few months. At least Ronda can main event it

Edited by daniel.k

Silva/Diaz was pretty crap I thought, had a feeling it might turn out like that. I enjoyed for the spectacle of having Siva back. Overall it was a really good nigh of fights.

Belfort shouldn't have to take another fight, it's not his fault Weidman has pulled out twice now, who would want to risk a title shot by fighting someone like Machida?

I thought the card was OK, but the main event was dull as hell. Silva did well, but Diaz was only there for the payday. I hope Silva isnt going to retire as he hinted. The UFC needs the big names to stick around a bit until the "new breed" are established.

Belfort shouldn't have to take another fight, it's not his fault Weidman has pulled out twice now, who would want to risk a title shot by fighting someone like Machida?

Yeah its not great that Weidman had to pull out, but if Belfort believed his skills enough he wouldnt mind proving them against Machida. He cant wait forever for Weidman, Vitor needs to be payed and he cant if he doesnt fight. Vitor shouldnt need to risk the title shot, but he cant duck fights forever.

I thought the card was OK, but the main event was dull as hell. Silva did well, but Diaz was only there for the payday. I hope Silva isnt going to retire as he hinted. The UFC needs the big names to stick around a bit until the "new breed" are established.

Yeah hope Silva stays around, but I cant see who he would fight at middleweight. Ive always wanted to see Bisping against Silva, but he never got high enough for the fight to take place. Bisping will need to win his next one to even be close, because I dont think Anderson would want to fight a Brazillian like Vitor or Jacare. Maybe Rockhold or Kennedy, but I dont think any would sell as well as Silva Diaz

I can see Belfort's point. The fight was meant to be in December, then next month. Not his fault Weidman keeps pulling out. If he fights Machida it was going to be for the interim and if he loses that's him back down the ladder. Weidman is due back April so they should just stick it as main event of Dillashaw/Barao card. I'm not sure why they want Vitior to fight so badly, Rousey not a big enough draw on her own?

As for Anderson, he will be back hopefully, Forgot he's doing TUF with Shogun but they aren't fighting at the end of the season. Im not sure they would put Silva as main event again, I think that was a one off as it was an anticipated return and it was Diaz. Diaz should face Condit again.

Anderson Silva failed a drug test for steroids, Diaz for marijuana (unsurprisingly)

this shit is getting ridiculous.

The sport needs cleaning up for damn sure. Its gonna implode. What a joke 2015 has started out to be. I am disappoint.

All the UFC needs now is for McGregor to fail a drug test and they have a great start to the year.

They desperately need to have a rigorous testing system in place, and a strict code of conduct and documented drug policy, and they have to stand by them wether its Nate Diaz or Ronda Rousey. They cannot afford for the sport to be further dragged through the mire. The spider news is going to have massive repercussions through the whole MMA universe. The build up to the Silva v Diaz fight really ramped up the "Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter of all time" rhetoric, previously he was always referred to as "arguably", or "possibly" but all of the promos I saw, and every time he was mentioned by dana, or rogan or goldy he was referred to as goat.

Well I guess Fedor will rightfully get his true title back now, and Silva v Diaz will go down as a NC.

The Anderson Silva one is the key one, because it'll make people think twice before rushing back from a horrific injury and using drugs to do so. And it'll make the UFC think twice before putting on a fight with someone in that position as well. They tried to rush GSP back as well. Whether he ever comes back is still up for debate I reckon.

It doesn't call into question his GOAT tag at all. It's easy to tell why this has happened, and this doesn't put any other win he's had into question for that very reason. What it does is call into question whether he should have been back this early.

Their drugs policy is awful. Some of the bans they've handed out have been laughable.

The Anderson Silva one is the key one, because it'll make people think twice before rushing back from a horrific injury and using drugs to do so. And it'll make the UFC think twice before putting on a fight with someone in that position as well. They tried to rush GSP back as well. Whether he ever comes back is still up for debate I reckon.

It doesn't call into question his GOAT tag at all. It's easy to tell why this has happened, and this doesn't put any other win he's had into question for that very reason. What it does is call into question whether he should have been back this early.

Huh?! Yes it does. Every win of his career is forever in question now.

Jones, Silva, Diaz, Vitor, Sonnen, Royce Gracie, Bigfoot Silva, Overeem..........

Fucks sake.

Edited by The Nal

Reading the big thread on sherdog, there was suspicion back in 2011 when he appeared on MTV cribs, and his home contained boxes of syringes specifically suited to steroid use.

http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/fighters/anderson-silva-caught-trt-syringe/

drug testing has changed in the last year, he could have been juicing and cycling off for years.

This is turning into a regular occurrence after a PPV. Surprised and disappointed with Silva. Expected this from Diaz though, he won't care.

SIlva wasn't tested prior to his fights with Weidman it has been reported. I'm not sure who is to blame here but I'm guessing it's the commission, unless the ufc had knowledge of the results before the event. Regardless the pre fight testing results should be released before a fight. Second time this has happened within the last two months, and both fights were big money draws and will probably be the biggest PPV they will get all year.

Edited by When Jokers Attack