Ufc

just/john

The press conference wasnt really a press conference, more of just a mobbing. I think McGregor definitely acted up to the crowd by stealing the belt for a minute, but im surprised the crowd quietened down for a little while so the few questions could be heard. Yeah a lot of fans were pissed up and just shouted abuse, but if McGregor gets his fight at Croke park, thats what most of the crowd will be like. Glad the tour is over though, should give other fights chance to take centre stage before July, but I think it will be a very big event a long as there are no injuries

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed the card at the weekend, some good fights, plenty of finishes. Rockhold has to get a shot at the Chris.

I am coming to the conclusion that Glasgow isn't going to happen. Not a single fight or fighter rumoured, we are only 12 weeks away from the event, which is normally when the tickets go on sale.

JoJo getting smashed up wont have helped, I'm sure Dana was aiming for a title fight with her in Glasgow, and now thats fucked. I reckon if Bisping doesnt win easily on this upcoming saturday - they will cancel the event, or they are going to end up with a bunch of no names on the card. Which is fucking annoying, because my hotel room is non refundable, and I was looking forward to attending an event at some fucking point this year!

I've tweeted Dana, doubt he will respond.

Also, didnt see this statement from JoJo, I knew she was in the wrong frame of mind from the minute I saw her on the telly that night, and tweeted her so within minutes of the defeat.

https://twitter.com/DRkneevil/status/587658493500530688/photo/1

Edited by t8yman

She wasn't herself but maybe everyone underestimated her opponent. Terrible submission defense, which she would need to work on.

Scotland card better happen, have money aside for a ticket, meant to be on sale next month but worrying no fight announcements.

Rampage/Maldonado is back on.

realistically though, who can you see fighting on the card? Manuwa is injured, bisping is fighting this weekend, there are no scottish or irish fighters big enough to headline, I guess pearson might be a goer, but hes not a headliner, bigslow isnt a draw, leon edwards would be good, but again - not a big name. And I cant really see many big name americans fancying the trip/short notice.

I truly think its not happening, IIRC London was cancelled about 12 weeks out from the event.

realistically though, who can you see fighting on the card? Manuwa is injured, bisping is fighting this weekend, there are no scottish or irish fighters big enough to headline, I guess pearson might be a goer, but hes not a headliner, bigslow isnt a draw, leon edwards would be good, but again - not a big name. And I cant really see many big name americans fancying the trip/short notice.

I truly think its not happening, IIRC London was cancelled about 12 weeks out from the event.

Yeah good point.

Very stupid if it does get cancelled because Jojo lost, anything can happen in the fight game, they shouldnt make events with the hope a fighter is going to win.

There's absolutely no way UFC are going to cancel their first Scottish show.

I hope you are right, the fight at the o2 london last year was huge, sold out in hours, and was a fantastic success. the repeat fixture this year slipped off the roster with a whimper after no fights got announced 12 weeks out.

JBJ will just be ducking the old bill 'cos he won't want a drug test, expect him to hand himself in within 72 hours. I seriously doubt he can afford to duck another fight, if it does come to the worst I can see Rumble fighting Cormier for an interim belt.

186 was fairly dull in the most part IMHO, Bisping was decent, Rampage was decent, DJ was supreme but hella dull till the last second!

I expect Bisping announced as headliner at Glasgow once suspensions have been announced, either that or cancellation of the event. (as previously discussed/argued)

I just dont think they will sell it out the way it is going. They need a big name. I saw the on sale date, which is encouraging. I do actually think they are waiting until suspensions are announced from 186 before announcing MB, possibly against Mousasi (yawn) or philipou.

Jon Jones is in custody, he is now being charged with felony rather than misdemeanor due to the lady having a broken arm, and marijuana in his car. He must have been fucked up as he had the presence of mind to go back for his cash, but left a hash pipe in there, then did a runner. What a fuck up he is, if he escapes jail, the UFC need to strip him of his title, let Rumble and DC fight for it.

I like McGregor, think the fight game needs characters, and I really do think a lot of it between him and Aldo has been played up for the cameras to hype the fight, Dana White wants it to be one of the biggest fights hype wise they've ever put on. But my god I think he could come unstuck, Aldo will really test whether he can take a hit from a top class fighter and we'll see how good McGregors ground game and defence is, Aldo's is still top notch, Aldo-Mendes 2 proved how quick his defence is.

I also think Mendes would take McGregor if he was to beat Aldo anyway, for me he's the best fighter in that division.

I like mendes, but its been repeatedly proven aldo is better than him.

I want Aldo to beat McGregor now for sure. I think he's a big seller, but his mouth is pissing me off bigtime now. The only way I'm gonna go back to being a fan of his is if he humbles himself a little, and I cant see that happening anytime soon - unless Aldo does that for him. Thats probably the best thing that could happen for his career tbh, Aldo pastes him, then he has to STFU and fight his way through Mendes, Edgar etc.

I like mendes, but its been repeatedly proven aldo is better than him.

I want Aldo to beat McGregor now for sure. I think he's a big seller, but his mouth is pissing me off bigtime now. The only way I'm gonna go back to being a fan of his is if he humbles himself a little, and I cant see that happening anytime soon - unless Aldo does that for him. Thats probably the best thing that could happen for his career tbh, Aldo pastes him, then he has to STFU and fight his way through Mendes, Edgar etc.

Aldo himself has said that at this moment in time Mendes is the best fighter in that division, I agree with him.

I agree with you about McGregor though, a loss might do him the world of good as daft as it sounds.

Aldo himself has said that at this moment in time Mendes is the best fighter in that division, I agree with him.

I agree with you about McGregor though, a loss might do him the world of good as daft as it sounds.

Did he? I missed that! Jesus.