Ufc

just/john

I still think Frankie Edgar is second best, would love to see him fight Mendes.

So its DC vs Rumble for the vacant title, im going with DC.

Interesting, I dont give Cormier a cat in hells chance. Rumble is a killer, and will destroy Jones when he comes back, probably at Madison Square garden in December.

Interesting, I dont give Cormier a cat in hells chance. Rumble is a killer, and will destroy Jones when he comes back, probably at Madison Square garden in December.

Cormier has opened up as betting favourite, only slightly though. What's Rumbles takedown defense like again? I can't remember but I think DC will win with wrestling, both guys will probably gas in later rounds so it's an interesting fight and I think it will be closer than Rumble/Jones was going to be. I seem to be in the minority but I think Jones beats Rumble without much problem, hopefully we get to find out one day in the future.

Bisping said on UFC Tonight that he wants to headline the Glasgow card, would be happy with that as he is one of my favourite fighters now, looking at the rankings to see who is available and not many options, Thailes Leites looks like most realistic option.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

I can't see DC getting in on AJ for a takedown tbh, and he's certainly going to be working 24/7 on his TDD since DC was announced.

On the Bisping thing, sherdog have the winner of mousasi v philipou as the next MB fight, which makes sense. I don't see Bisping winning against top 5 opponents tbh, I think his ship has sailed. I like him as a fighter, but having met him- I don't like him as a bloke.

I must have been under a rock the last few days, ive only just seen the whole JBJ situation. Now he is stripped of his title I could see him having a bit of a break from fights, maybe a comeback this time next year. He needs to get his head straight. I would like to see DC take the title and maybe defend against Gus, but if AJ I wouldnt be too surprised. Gus gave Jones his best fight so far, and AJ walked over Gus so AJ easily has the capability of taking the title. Close fight, I say decided on points.

As for Bisping, he looked pretty good at the weekend. I think he should headline the Scotland card, but I wouldnt like to see the event be cancelled even if Bisping isnt there. He wont challenge for a title, but he is a solid top 10 fighter that should bring a bit of a draw with him

186 was fairly dull in the most part IMHO, Bisping was decent, Rampage was decent, DJ was supreme but hella dull till the last second!

Meant to quote this earlier but agree with everything.

Really starting to get into this all now and constantly looking forward to each PPV.Still not at the point where if it wasn't free on BT Sport I'd pay but that's due to my lack of experience and the frequency of events.If it was just once a month a definitely would.

Meant to quote this earlier but agree with everything.

Really starting to get into this all now and constantly looking forward to each PPV.Still not at the point where if it wasn't free on BT Sport I'd pay but that's due to my lack of experience and the frequency of events.If it was just once a month a definitely would.

Pick a week when you arent up to much, and take the free 2? week trial on fightpass (think its 2, might even be a month?) Its fucking brilliant, you can watch any fight you want from the history of UFC, Pride, WEC and strikeforce.

If you want some pointers on what to watch, this video is ace, I've watched it about 6 times, plus the guys No1 is the same as mine. most of them are on fightpass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV9U1k3zJ5o

UFC 187 is slowly falling apart, Khabib out of the fight against Cowboy.

Not a problem tbh, the card is stacked from top to bottom anyway. I'm more interested to see Weidman retire the roid machine. Plus another addition to Cowboys winstreak, Makdessi has been announced - he's no slouch, but I think Cowboy will win.

Another day, another fight cancelled.

UFC No.2 light heavyweight Alexander Gustafsson has been forced to withdraw from the upcoming UFC FIGHT NIGHT Berlin main event bout against Glover Teixeira due to injury.

UFC women's strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk (9-0-0), from Poland, will step into the main event slot at o2 World in Berlin to defend her belt against no.3 ranked Jessica Penne (12-3-0) from California, USA. This historic match up will be the first title fight to take place in Europe outside of the UK and the first ever female title fight in Europe.

Glover vs Bader? Seems neither of them have a fight now, and it makes sense for them to face on another again. Glover won their last fight I just checked, so if Bader really things he is deserving of a title shot he should prove it by facing Glover

Edited by daniel.k

Last I heard, Bader turned it down.

Scared he will lose and so knock himself out of the title picture probably. If Bader thinks he deserved the title shot at AJ, then he should prove it while he is already in camp and step up to fight someone near the top. Just my opinion at least. I cant see Bader beating AJ, DC or Glover, so either way it wouldnt matter

Less than 11 weeks to Glasgow, Brad Pickett announced for UFC 189 in Vegas. Seriously UFC?

Barely time for a training camp.

edited to add, they have 4 events scheduled for that week.

ufc 189 on 11th July

tuf finale on 12th July

Mir V Duffee on 15th July

Glasgow on 18th July.

I'm not going if they dont have some serious names on the card, which is looking very doubtful at this stage - even though I stand to lose £180 on a non refundable hotel room. I'm not dropping £300 for 2 tickets, plus spending money, plus diesel money, plus an 8 hour round trip for a load of "local boys" against no-name fighters. Its a pisstake at this stage.

Edited by t8yman