Ufc

just/john

Yeah, thoroughly enjoyed the car - 6 finishes, 5 in the first round.

I too was mega impressed with Ortega, I've seen him fight before but I dont recall him standing out in any impressive way, he appeared to be in complete control at all times even though he spent half of it flat on his back, his work from the bottom was a real masterclass, I was amazed the doctor let them start R3, that was one of the nastiest cuts I've seen for quite some time, i recko it was up there with Sanchez, possibly worse. Glad he managed to finish it, because I didnt expect the judges to see it in his favour.

Edited by t8yman

Gunna record 188 as I'll be coming back from Download.Looking forward to that main event though.

Yeah it's an interesting one, will be rooting for Werdum but can see Cain getting the finish, guy is a machine but interesting to see how he will perform after a long layoff.

The co-main event is the one I'm looking forward to most, Eddie Alvarez vs Gilbert Melandez, it has the potential to be fight of the year. Two fighters who both always bring it.

If you haven't seen Alvarez fight yet then watch this, one of my favourite fights ever.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Alvarez is a great fighter, looking forward to that fight for sure, but the main event is where the money is. I like werdum, but really can't see past Cain, the man is a fucking legend, I can't see werdum getting the w tbh.

Only just clicked with me that Ortega was coming off of a ban for steroids. Kinda sours last night a little bit for me, but if he IS clean now he saves a bit of face.

Simply cannot watch that McGregor video. I truly cannot even stand the mans voice any more. Dunno what I am gonna do while watching 189, i might just have to either skip or mute whenever he is onscreen and not actually in the cage. The only time I wanna hear his voice is when Rogan gives the post fight interview after he has spoken to Jose.

UFC188 was good, not great, I though last weeks card was much more entertaining. I was a little distracted during gilbert v alverez, but what I saw looked like a gilbert win?  Cain looked out of sorts even before the first round, and his cardio looked shocking, a combination of ring rust and the altitude possibly. - props to werdum, he was superb, and is a deserving champion.

But Yair stole the show IMHO, his fight was great.

I thought Alvarez won rounds 2 and 3 but not much in it. Nate DIaz's thoughts on the fight in an interview was hilarious, would love to see him against Alvarez.

Was also impressed with Rodriguez, he was exciting everywhere. The women's fight was horrible wasn't it?

All the Aldo/McGregor hype makes me keep forgetting we are getting Rory/Lawler on the same card, that will be amazing, loved their first fight and not sure who to pick.

Yeah Diaz was funny, he said something like "he fucked his everything up" and then "gilbert won, fuck you eddie"

I don't see McDonald having enough to beat Lawler, and I don't want him to tbh, Lawler is one of my faves, and RM is a personality vacuum. However, I did say Cain was too much for Werdum, so what do I know!

And yes, the womens fight was horrible. I really dislike Hill, and wanted to see her get a pasting.

The new ringcard girl is delightful, and arianny looked fairly spectacular too.  

The way Werdum won was impressive, I was honestly shocked at how easy he locked the guillotine up when Cain shot for a take down, thought Cain would have expected something like a sub was coming his way and defended while shooting in. And on the feet Werdum was great, those knees could have ended it anyway.

Alvarez - Melendez was close but I do think the win went to the right man. They both showed heart and neither should be too disappointed at the performance.

As for UFC 189, Lawler - Rory hardly gets mentioned which I think is a bit of a mistake, but I suppose a lot of people will just want the hype between Aldo and Conor. I want to believe Rory can win, but I cant quite see anywhere that Rory could take a win unless its a decision. Conor to win against Aldo, KO or TKO. Or thats what I want to happen, whether it does im not sure

Does anyone know what the crack is with the Berlin show this weekend?

They kept saying during 188 that it was exclusive to FightPass but I'm hoping that's just for the US and it's still getting shown on BT Sport.

I think it is Fight Pass only. The last Fight Pass card was shown on Pick TV on delay and they missed the end of the Cro Cop/Gonzaga fight so don't think it will be shown on there again. I think Fight Pass are still doing free trials so maybe worth getting for it.

I was actually quite heartened by Alvarez in the Melendez fight. That was a real class fighter he beat, and he looked a lot more like the guy that we expected. I'd love to see a second Cerrone/Alvarez fight to see if it was first time nerves in the octagon for Alvarez. That's if Cerrone isn't getting a shot of course.