Ufc

just/john

Its all a bit pantomime. I hate that. Its getting like WWE, and I really don't want that. Its hardly a grudge match with much history and playing it up is cheap, tacky and not necessary.

Really looking forward to next weeks UFC card. Hendo, Lawler, Barao, all great to watch.

Its been OK, there are a couple of guys in it that I think are dicks, but on the whole I always find it worth watching because you usually get to see the dicks take a pasting, and you never know, there could be a future world champ in every series.

Yup. There are no top level guys left.

The closest you get is John Dodson, who did get a title shot against Demetrious Johnson, but it was in the flyweight division FFS, and he won at Bantamweight.

The women *might* be a different story, but it's not like that division is stacked. And I suppose the international versions, especially the Brazilian one, has potential.

What an incredible performance from TJ Dillashaw last night, a real masterclass in MMA, especially against a champion of Barao's calbre. And DC was dominant too, really felt for Hendo, he was outclassed. I've always found DC a bit meh, but he was world class. Calling out JJ too, I wonder how that might affect the mauler's shot?

Havent watched the brazilian event yet, is it worth watching?

The berlin UFC main card was OK, although bigslows fight was as dull as any I've ever seen, he was moaning that Strickland was running away for 15 minutes, but LB was striking really half heartedly. He has gone from a fighter I supported and liked to someone I wont be rushing to see again, and the decision was way wide of the mark IMHO.

Ive only watched the two headline fights from last night so far, but the judges in the pearson v sanchez fight should be ashamed of themselves. I absolutely love Sanchez, but there isnt a chance in hell he won that fight. a serious joke.

• 1 month later...

Not a fan but watch the UFC in Dublin tonight. Pretty impressive stuff. That Gunnar Nelson fella was super cool. I liked his style a lot.

I have a suspicion that the UFC will be coming back to Ireland soon after tonight and it will be held a a far bigger venue. They just better not fuck it up like they did the Brooks gigs!

• 2 weeks later...

Great news, although I agree with what Bisping said. He has been waiting to fight anderson for years. Diaz should be made to fight before january though imho.

I agree but Diaz usually gets his way. The Ufc will see Diaz/Silva as a bigger draw than a fight with Bisping.

DC vs Jones is the fight I've looking forward to most. Been wanting this one ever since DC moved down from HW.

Great news, although I agree with what Bisping said. He has been waiting to fight anderson for years. Diaz should be made to fight before january though imho.

Anderson Silva is only in it for the money, he'll make far more money with Diaz and than he will with Bisping.

To be fair to Anderson, you can see his point. After being champ for years and being forced to fight the Thales Leites', Patrick Cote's and Travis Lutters of the world, he of all people should be able to pick and choose who he fights.