The line up

Guest benissright

this thread is quite amusing.

i count 13 of them id be pleased to see, of that 6 who i REALLY want to see

knowing that there is a lot more to come, i am very happy.

if your going to reply to this post make it mature and maybe wel have a civilized conversation about why the line may be poor or not..dont just go bashing me

( and no im not a typical V festifal person - quite the opposite )

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think alot of the complaints were inevitable - they tried to book ACDC and Green Day and it fell though, Sonisphere snapped up all the metal bands with enough mainstream appeal to play Reading and Download got the rest.

Some years good bands are touring and avaliable, some years their not (And every year Bloc Party will be there :lol:).

I'm currently at about 11 bands to see (including 36CF, Frankt Turner and Rise Against) with probably no lock up included in that, the line up is full of shit but I'm still getting my moneys worth (or at least breaking even lol).

Only let down for me is Offspring are yet to show up.

People can say stop f**kin moaning but there are lots of us who have invested in this festival year after year and have bought pre sale tickets this year already and actually want to go to the festival because its the highlight of the year.

I know there has been lots of arguements over the headliners but even the majority of these people who think the headliners are good are coming on and saying the rest of the line up is poor.

I could accept the argument that there wasn't enough altenative headliners with the likes of AC/DC Green Day out of the picture but there is no reason why Janes Addiction, the Offspring, Weezer shouldnt be on the line up.

It comes to something when I am hoping that Lostprophets are headlining the NME tent :huh:

The only thing that can put this mess right is Rancid, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Less Than Jake, Reel Bigfish or the Vandals headlining the Lock Up Stage.

It's not great, though there's enough there to convince me to go. The R1 stage looks dire so far, paticularly the Gossip co-headlining. Will anyone know more than one song? Was also gutted by the lack of The Offspring and Weezer. Hopefully one of them for Friday night R1 headliner, though that's more in hope than expectation. Can see why those with heavier tastes are disappointed though.

Absolutely gutted, a lot of people are comparing this years R&L to V which is completely unfair IMO. V wears it's heart on it's sleeve & claims to be nothing other than a mainstream festival with broad appeal, whereas FR have done exactly the same thing yet still claim to be for 'alternaive' music fans. A bunch of NME 'One Album Wonders' & some regurgitated bollocks.

It's almost like they picked the big acts that have the worst behaved, piss throwing, scumbag fans (bar Oasis, although most of their fans have gorwn out of that, this is the new generation)..my prediction, lots of drunken fighting.

Yes, it's only 18 acts out of aound 180 but it's the acts that the organisers believe will sell the f**ker out. Fratellis & Kooks heavily rumoured & Deftones as the token metail act.

Early bird ticket on Ebay - Sonisphere, I'd rather have 2 days of quality than 3 days of Rockport wearing, coked up Kaiser Chief, Arctic Monkey, Ian Brown, (unfortunately now as I wtnessed on their last tour) Kings of Leon & Fratellis fans.

I've only skimmed a few pages of this thread... but am I the only one who's quite chuffed with Radiohead, Placebo, Deftones, Prodigy, Brand New, Fall Out Boy, AFI... :P

I think Reading is just made for me, the only two bands I was hoping for not on there are Jane's Addiction and Weezer, both of which there is still scope for.

But I wasn't expecting Brand New, Deftones or Placebo* so my night has rather been made.

*Mr efestivals getting me all worried that they would be a Sonisphere exclusive :huh:

Absolutely gutted, a lot of people are comparing this years R&L to V which is completely unfair IMO. V wears it's heart on it's sleeve & claims to be nothing other than a mainstream festival with broad appeal, whereas FR have done exactly the same thing yet still claim to be for 'alternaive' music fans. A bunch of NME 'One Album Wonders' & some regurgitated bollocks.

It's almost like they picked the big acts that have the worst behaved, piss throwing, scumbag fans (bar Oasis, although most of their fans have gorwn out of that, this is the new generation)..my prediction, lots of drunken fighting.

Yes, it's only 18 acts out of aound 180 but it's the acts that the organisers believe will sell the f**ker out. Fratellis & Kooks heavily rumoured & Deftones as the token metail act.

Early bird ticket on Ebay - Sonisphere, I'd rather have 2 days of quality than 3 days of Rockport wearing, coked up Kaiser Chief, Arctic Monkey, Ian Brown, (unfortunately now as I wtnessed on their last tour) Kings of Leon & Fratellis fans.

Edited by Lithium05

I literally feel like crying I'm so dissappointed.

I booked the time off at the start of the year, booked a ticket before looking at the line-up, all on the good faith that in 7 years the line-up has always been good enough. There's no way I'm going to this now. This is shit of the highest order. Im so angry I want to spit in melvin's face.

If you're happy with this line-up F*CK YOU, you should be going to V, Reading's supposed to have proper bands, not this pop shit, and f*ck you if you argue the bands polluting this years festival are rock bands. If you believe this you have no right listening to music at all

I thought it would be bad in terms of headliners, but this takes the piss. Don't think of this as a "where's the metal" post. Think of this as a "where's the music post"

I'm off to cry into a pillow, or possibly hit someone, I haven't decided yet... :P:huh:

I've only skimmed a few pages of this thread... but am I the only one who's quite chuffed with Radiohead, Placebo, Deftones, Prodigy, Brand New, Fall Out Boy, AFI... :huh:

I think Reading is just made for me, the only two bands I was hoping for not on there are Jane's Addiction and Weezer, both of which there is still scope for.

But I wasn't expecting Brand New, Deftones or Placebo* so my night has rather been made.

*Mr efestivals getting me all worried that they would be a Sonisphere exclusive :P

So far I'll be seeing :

Deftones

Eagles Of Death Metal

Gallows

Maximo Park

Prodigy

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Friendly Fires

Gaslight Anthem

and probably Radiohead, unless they clash with something mildly more interesting.

Which justifies the cost of my ticket.

Would I like more metal?. yes... but I'd also like more Dance Acts.

I really want to know who is going to be in the Alternative tent (whatever it is called this year) as that seems to be where I end up spending half my time at Reading and seeing the great acts.

i quite like the lineup thought this is only my second year so alot of the bands arn't "recycled" bands like they are for veteran goers

though i do agree with bloc party being there again, the could of easily got someone like beck or flaming lips in

So far I'll be seeing :

Deftones

Eagles Of Death Metal

Gallows

Maximo Park

Prodigy

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Friendly Fires

Gaslight Anthem

and probably Radiohead, unless they clash with something mildly more interesting.

Which justifies the cost of my ticket.

Would I like more metal?. yes... but I'd also like more Dance Acts.

I really want to know who is going to be in the Alternative tent (whatever it is called this year) as that seems to be where I end up spending half my time at Reading and seeing the great acts.

Oh f**k off you self-righteous c**t. I have every right to be upset by the festival I've been going to for years descending to a V festival level of mediocrity. The trendies have f*cked this festival up beyond recognition. As I said before I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come in future years.

Oh f**k off you self-righteous c**t. I have every right to be upset by the festival I've been going to for years descending to a V festival level of mediocrity. The trendies have f*cked this festival up beyond recognition. As I said before I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come in future years.

Are you all serious? I can't get my head around this.. let me repeat...

Radiohead (arguably the biggest band in the world, stop.)

The Prodigy (arguably the biggest band of the moment)

Deftones (who all of you have been pissing and moaning will never play for bloody years)

+ Placebo, Brand New, EoDM, AFI, Fall Out Boy who are all fantastic live!

Sonisphere costs a damn fortune and they've only announced a couple of bands that haven't been at Reading in the past couple of years.

The only thing I will conceed is that I can't understand why Bloc Party have been given another high slot. At least the Subways come back and play on different parts of the lineup.