The line up

Guest benissright

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. I'm so gutted, can't remember the last time I felt this crushed. One of the few things I look forward to every year ruined by shoddy penny pinching (or at least I hope they're not paying over the odds for this w*nk) bookings, the Credit crunch is not an excuse if you're charging that much for tickets.

(I just want to clarify this is in no way a pop at Radiohead, Deftones, AFI or Placebo, it's the rest of it)

Absolutely. I'm so gutted, can't remember the last time I felt this crushed. One of the few things I look forward to every year ruined by shoddy penny pinching (or at least I hope they're not paying over the odds for this w*nk) bookings, the Credit crunch is not an excuse if you're charging that much for tickets.

(I just want to clarify this is in no way a pop at Radiohead, Deftones, AFI or Placebo, it's the rest of it)

this thread is quite amusing.

i count 13 of them id be pleased to see, of that 6 who i REALLY want to see

knowing that there is a lot more to come, i am very happy.

if your going to reply to this post make it mature and maybe wel have a civilized conversation about why the line may be poor or not..dont just go bashing me

( and no im not a typical V festifal person - quite the opposite )

Agreed mate. Been going now for years and years and dissapointed in the shitty lineup this year. Last years was amazing. So i guess we had to have atleast 1 shit year.

Hopefully nxt year will be good.

Owell. I be buying my Download tix 2nite then :D

Edited by Lithium05

I'm not over the moon. I think Download and Sonisphere have much better lineups. BUT, Radiohead are one of my favourite ever bands, and loads of my mates always go to Reading. I've got tickets but will hang about to see how much I really want to go after the other announcements. I'm pretty sure there's a fairly high number of people in the same boat.

I mean, nothing was going to top last years line up, that was a given. I think FR have done a good job at making the best of the situation. With two Harder festivals in download / Sonisphere, RL had to create it's own niche and I think by getting the bands they have, a lot of people will be pleased. Sure it's not the spectacle of last year, But 9 out of 10 bands can play and a handful put on an awesome show.

Only thing that shocked me is why aren't radiohead playing sunday at Leeds? They will be needed to calm everyone down!

V Festival Part 2. How on earth can they justify a £20 increase for this?

Christ, how much do Arctic Monkeys cost?

It is appalling. I couldn't care less about being called a moaner. Who chose this line up, Joe Whiley and Edith Bowman? It is shit shit shit.

I have seen all 3 headliners before. I think I fell asleep on my feet at KoL. Radiohead weren't much better. I thought 2007 was bad with that cock Borell headlining, but thought that Reading had come good again last year.

Melvin; what has got into you???

Not the least bit interested in going this year, would have been our eigth in a row bit there isnt a single band in that lineup that excites me. I was really expecting a poor lineup this year, last years was so good, it couldnt have been much better if theyd let me pick the bands myself.