Cricket

greeneyes1980

It would appear that we have some bloody awful batsmen right now. I'd love to see wholesale changes in that department for the final test, they could hardly do much worse. But I suspect the official solution will be to play an extra batsman and allow Bopara & Colly the whole series. Meh.

Clearly I know f-all :D

But if any team could break the world record for the 4th innings it would be Australia.

& if any team would allow that, it would be England. :)

Well he's currently playing for Essex so he wasn't there to collect his medal

Not the point.

Everyone has praised the '14'. That's the entire sports crew, Strauss himself, the presentation party and now the coaching staff (Andrew Flower's just this minute said it).

I know the media's stupid and seldom gets anything right, but I always thought sports were marginally more reliable than the actual news.

you wonder what the south african crowd will think when england turn up on the tour with pieterson and trott. and strauss and prior as well to a much lesser extent

australians just didnt bowl well enough this series

was a close series but didnt realy engage the english public like 2005

maybe beacsue all the big name aussies have retrired except ponting and winning isnt as fun

and its only been 4 years since the last win raher than 20 or whatver it was last time

you wonder what the south african crowd will think when england turn up on the tour with pieterson and trott. and strauss and prior as well to a much lesser extent

australians just didnt bowl well enough this series

was a close series but didnt realy engage the english public like 2005

maybe beacsue all the big name aussies have retrired except ponting and winning isnt as fun

and its only been 4 years since the last win raher than 20 or whatver it was last time

Plus, it wasn't on terrestrial TV.

Not the point.

Everyone has praised the '14'. That's the entire sports crew, Strauss himself, the presentation party and now the coaching staff (Andrew Flower's just this minute said it).

I know the media's stupid and seldom gets anything right, but I always thought sports were marginally more reliable than the actual news.

Panesar played one test and gets a medal then? & Bopara nothing for 4 tests? Unfair.

Would this be the first time England have won a 5-test Ashes whilst only two of their players got a century?

Plus, it wasn't on terrestrial TV.

Correct. I was listening to something on the radio this morning where they were comparing viewing figures from 2005 to 2009. Apparently on the last day of the Cardiff test Sky didn't manage to pull in more than 2 million viewers, compared to the last day of the 2005 test at the Oval which pulled over 12 million. The arguement that Sky gives more money to the game is irrelevant - if young kids never really get to watch the game any more, they'll never be inspired to take it up and hence the game is f@cked

• 1 month later...