Jump to content
seanz25

Victorious Festival 2018

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

Yeah I don't doubt you. Just would have thought that the posters that they'll be making at the moment (and making them possible to be leaked) would include what will be announced tomorrow. 

No there are different versions of posters to share across social media. As well as other draft posters that may have been sent at different times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be that whoever it getting announced tomorrow is also playing Kendall Calling - who are clearly being mucked around by someone as their announcement date has been moved two or three times. 

Would explain why there are two different posters and why EE have seemingly made a mistake today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

It might be that whoever it getting announced tomorrow is also playing Kendall Calling - who are clearly being mucked around by someone as their announcement date has been moved two or three times. 

Would explain why there are two different posters and why EE have seemingly made a mistake today. 

White Lies have announced Kendal a day early too. Some artists are holding up line ups. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A twitter account IOWFestivalFans has tweeted with Happy Mondays, example, The Prodigy and Paloma Faith. Although the link it takes you too is dead. So I'd presume they've fucked up too... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

A twitter account IOWFestivalFans has tweeted with Happy Mondays, example, The Prodigy and Paloma Faith. Although the link it takes you too is dead. So I'd presume they've fucked up too... 

was on here earlier  and taken down as leaked. everything everything leaked on their facebook page

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dan8k said:

Apparently Liam Gallagher or Paul Weller for Saturday headliner?

Are we getting Sat tomorrow? Conflicting stuff on here, poster says no, a forum user with the release didn't explicitly say either way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Are we getting Sat tomorrow? Conflicting stuff on here, poster says no, a forum user with the release didn't explicitly say either way

Saturday headliner, yeah (along with The Prodigy etc.) The leak was an old version of the poster. 

The News is also leading with headliners, plural, tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Saturday headliner, yeah (along with The Prodigy etc.) The leak was an old version of the poster. 

The News is also leading with headliners, plural, tomorrow. 

Lovely, cheers for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Id be happy with either liam or weller. 

 

I'd prefer LG but would be suprised with him being at IOW this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seanz25 said:

I'd prefer LG but would be suprised with him being at IOW this year.

A good point, that would be weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen something that suggests it’s Weller (and Friendly Fires added as well).

Relatively reliable source but not always 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, well, Weller. Good shout @luckysalt

Also, Friendly Fires (Sunday), Years & Years (Castle, Sunday), Gaz Coombes, Billy Bragg... all here https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/whats-on/gigs-and-music/revealed-victorious-festival-announces-headliners-for-saturday-and-sunday-1-8368521

Prodigy and Friendly Fires on Sunday is very tempting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, great line up, hope Gaz is on main stage, anyone know does he do much supergrass?

Gomez I saw headline Summer Sundae back in 2006 I think, and not seen them since so im overjoyed they're playing.

Friendly Fires ive never seen, but used to listen to their debut a fair bit.

The Bluetones as well! Proper class addition.

Guess Futureheads and Seahorses singers will be headlining the Acoustic stage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty happy with the latest announcement, especially Weller as I have never seen him play for some  reason.

Sleeper is a bit of a nice surprise as I loved that band back in the day, also Billy Bragg is another nice surprise and I’ve not seen him since my last Glastonbury.

along with Prodigy, embrace, Gomez,  bluetones it’s a nice announcement. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Yeah, great line up, hope Gaz is on main stage, anyone know does he do much supergrass?

He normally does a few supergrass numbers. Mostly solo material though. 

Edited by JBarbour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Yeah, great line up, hope Gaz is on main stage, anyone know does he do much supergrass?

 

Just Moving I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah decent announcement, feels a bit more varied to me although I'm not too sure why. 

Very good considering I'm guessing we still have some more additions to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.