Jump to content
bsolxiv

Download full sets from iplayer

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

If you want to download the audio but not video. Ideally in highest quality. What do I do? Any help much appreciated!

If you struggle, I'll work on some fuller instructions next week. I use FFMPEG quite a lot for work, so I'm reasonably familiar with it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2017 at 6:57 PM, carlosj said:

What info did you put in the command line? I've seen these extended URLs but normally just put the PID in, ie the p055zhn7 that you see above in your link. Disclaimer - I haven't tried these links yet so I may be talking cobblers.

tried both :(

 

will update the getiplayer and try again

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

tried both :(

 

will update the getiplayer and try again

 

Just tried it tonight and my earlier version didn't work, but downloading the latest version and using the short detail in the URL (ie p055zhn7) definitely works. :danced:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I did this a few years ago but can't work how to do it now. What do I type into the command line again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I know I did this a few years ago but can't work how to do it now. What do I type into the command line again?

Download the new version and type

get_iplayer --pid p0559868,p0556w0s --type=tv

where the p******** is the PID of the programme. Or type in S2H's full monty path to get all of them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carlosj said:

Just tried it tonight and my earlier version didn't work, but downloading the latest version and using the short detail in the URL (ie p055zhn7) definitely works. :danced:

Yup, did the same and works for me thanks :clapping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zico martin said:

Still not working. Dont suppose you can spell out exactly what I need to type in?

Depends what exactly you want to download. Happy to work through an example (but tomorrow, I'm on a nursery school trip to the zoo right now!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm after just the audio (preferably broken into files per track) of the Radiohead set. If anyone comes across this would they please drop the link in here? The LCD Soundsystem from last year still gets a lot of plays!

Ta!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, big__phil said:

I'm after just the audio (preferably broken into files per track) of the Radiohead set. If anyone comes across this would they please drop the link in here? The LCD Soundsystem from last year still gets a lot of plays!

Ta!

I think my mate opens the TV file in Audacity and saves it as an MP3, in seconds. More long-winded than you want but it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/06/2017 at 11:30 PM, zico martin said:

Still not working. Dont suppose you can spell out exactly what I need to type in?

These instructions were posted by MoilyX last July:

1. Launch get_iplayer

2. Enter the following command: (only have to do this once)

    get_iplayer --prefs-add --modes=best

3. In a browser, click on here then click through to whichever act you want and copy the URL of that act:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b007r6vx

4. Back in get_iplayer enter the following command:

    get_iplayer <paste_url_from_clipboard, by right clicking>

    so for Goldfrapp it would be:

    get_iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p056bcwv/glastonbury-2017-goldfrapp

Repeat steps 3-4 for each set you want to download. Remember to include "http://"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, selotape said:

These instructions were posted by MoilyX last July:

1. Launch get_iplayer

2. Enter the following command: (only have to do this once)

    get_iplayer --prefs-add --modes=best

3. In a browser, click on here then click through to whichever act you want and copy the URL of that act:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b007r6vx

4. Back in get_iplayer enter the following command:

    get_iplayer <paste_url_from_clipboard, by right clicking>

    so for Radiohead it would be:

    get_iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p056bxjf/glastonbury-2017-radiohead

Repeat steps 3-4 for each set you want to download. Remember to include "http://"

Updated the links above for this year's URLs ^^^

Alternatively you can use stuartbert's excellent tip from earlier in the thread to download them all in one go:

On 28/06/2017 at 10:56 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

get_iplayer --pid b007r6vx --pid-recursive

 

 

Edited by MoilyX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoilyX said:

Alternatively you can use stuartbert's excellent tip from earlier in the thread to download them all in one go:

That's some command line, hats off to Mr 2 hats :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got the Moderat set? Seems to have disappeared from Iplayer, same for Solange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MoilyX said:

Updated the links above for this year's URLs ^^^

Alternatively you can use stuartbert's excellent tip from earlier in the thread to download them all in one go:

 

 

I've just tried stuartbert's tip which is a thing of genius. Well played sir.

Unfortunately I'm abroad on a 8Mb connection. It won't work without connecting via a VPN which means it is currently downloading it at 1.5Mbit/s.

I've just calculated it is going to take me best part of 2 weeks to download the lot! I may need to re-think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BadgerMatt said:

I've just tried stuartbert's tip which is a thing of genius. Well played sir.

Unfortunately I'm abroad on a 8Mb connection. It won't work without connecting via a VPN which means it is currently downloading it at 1.5Mbit/s.

I've just calculated it is going to take me best part of 2 weeks to download the lot! I may need to re-think!

I think so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you tell it to record to a different drive - it defaults to C:\ and that's an SSD with 80Gb free - my D:\ drive is 4Tb

I tried -o d:\iplayer but it ignored it.

Sorted....

get_iplayer --pid b007r6vx --pid-recursive --output d:\iPlayer

Edited by Penrhos
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weren't Solange & Moderat on "Red Button" not iPlayer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×