Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Just now, maksym26 said:

So this is APE´s final lineup, and I´ve put in red bands tha I think will go to Primavera. What do you think guys? 

Capturar.PNG

Not final, more than 100 acts are supposed to join the festival weekend and each day of Presents will have more acts than as of now.

26 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Soooo... This hip hop based festival in Suisse is also counting down to 29/1 (http://www.openair-frauenfeld.ch/)

A possible shared hip hop/R&B headiner??

Ooohhh, that does make things a bit more interesting.

15 minutes ago, Orens said:

It's about time

Hopefully that's Chance the Rapper 

Agree that Chance would be the obvious one, any other ideas? I can’t really think of anyone else large enough and with enough crossover! 

Edited by sgreen7643

4 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Ooohhh, that does make things a bit more interesting.

Agree that Chance would be the obvious one, anyone else that it could be? 

Anderson .Paak is headlining Down the Rabbit Hole a weekend earlier. It's happening on the same weekend as Open'er, but I can't see either Anderson or Chance headlining so many Euro festivals, including pretty big ones. Anderson won't headline BKS, because of DTRH.

Besides, would the August festivals book another headliner besides the very pricy Kendrick Lamar? Arctic Monkeys are still the safe bet here for a headliner to be announced. Frauenfeld gets the clearance to announce whatever it teases on Monday, because so much stuff is about to go down.

Why would they make festivals wait til monday to announce Arctic Monkeys if they've already been announced for a festival already? Also could it not just be a coincidence that all these festivals are annoucing at the same time?

the hip hop festival announcing has made me super excited about the possibility of chance though, or even Missy Elliott, or Kanye?!?

8 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

during today i wrote that it would be funny that the AM and the 29th topics were two different things. now this makes things even more interesting :D

It might happen, and perhaps two tours are PS-related. We just can't know for sure until Monday, or at least until another festival teasers roll out. 

It's probably not .Paak tho since it's probably a new name in the circuit because Primavera wanted to announce them first. Chance makes sense, isn't he working on a new album already? Frank Ocean can try again and make up for his canceled gig aswell (has a new album ready) but idk if that's gonna happen tbh..

2 minutes ago, arcuse said:

It's probably not .Paak tho since it's probably a new name in the circuit because Primavera wanted to announce them first. Chance makes sense, isn't he working on a new album already? Frank Ocean can try again and make up for his canceled gig aswell (has a new album ready) but idk if that's gonna happen tbh..

Frank Ocean was ruled out by Gabi.

.Paak is making up for last year's cancellation at DTRH, that's his only European gig as for now. PS isn't chasing either exclusivity or first announcements, it's about getting the whole poster out while they can.

Chance makes tons of sense as far as Hip-Hop headliners go, but less from August festivals' point of view.

2 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

in NOS Alive forum they just shared a picture of the instagram of the director of the festival teasing the day of tomorrow 9am

Mad Cool hasn't been teasing anything, perhaps they will share something with Bilbao?

Or he's been teasing a teaser!

35 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

in NOS Alive forum they just shared a picture of the instagram of the director of the festival teasing the day of tomorrow 9am

I will just create a theory based on that teaser.  I checked all the instragram of the director,  to see how he act when he post the teasers there, and this is the first time that he posted the hour of the confirmation.  It may just be a coincidence, but the AM in the hour may also be used as a hidden clue.

Another theory i created due to this teaser:  Nos Alive is a Festival that loves to brag about the buzz they receive from international Media, so what if they managed to confim Arctic Monkeys before the rest, just to get more media buzz, and avoid the natural european media buzz that Primavera Sound card will receive on monday?    Well tomorrow we will know what will happen .

• Upvote 1