Don't give up hope!!!!

Lucy92

5 minutes ago, Porcelina said:

Dumb question off topic-ish - friend has registered a couple of years ago but address is out of date. Am I right in remembering you can still update address after booking okay? Just as long as same reg number and photo?

Thanks!

I think that's ok think you just message see tickets and explain 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can also attest to this. I won tickets in 2011 through a Gaymers Twitter competition which involved coming up with cow puns.

I think I won mine about a month before so I didn't cut it quite as fine as Lucy. I would have probably given up by then!

Keep the faith!

10 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I am in total agreement with @Lucy92 as we were both ticketless at this point last year. But together with a gang of fellow posters we chased every opportunity, and eventually succeeded!

My Glastonbury 2016 became reality on 24 May when I won 2 tickets via this forum. 

Keep the faith!! :D

Those moments were just brilliant! Listening in to Radio 1 was not...! No idea how Lucy got the answers though, it was really difficult! 

As has been mentioned about a million times before, keep the faith to the very end.

In 2003 I never got a ticket until a week before the festival. I was travelling through Oz and SE Asia at the time and a friend emailed me to say she had managed to get me a ticket if I wanted one, so I emailed back to say I would be home within a week. I actually landed on the Monday and was at the farm on Wednesday morning.

My friend admitted she never thought I would actually come home for Glasto. Radiohead were headlining so in my mind there was never any option.

I'm just hoping I don't have to leave it that late this year before getting a ticket.

16 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

I can also attest to this. I won tickets in 2011 through a Gaymers Twitter competition which involved coming up with cow puns.

I think I won mine about a month before so I didn't cut it quite as fine as Lucy. I would have probably given up by then!

Keep the faith!

i need to hear your cow pun.

Yep I'd second that don't give up! Infact don't even consider that you won't be going.

Last year we were unsuccessful in all sales first sale coach resale and then the resale itself, we then had one last chance (without competitions) and that was the secret resale where we were successful and actually got the tickets!! , the thread on here for the secret resale kept me sane, the date for the secret resale won't be known exactly but we will certainly have an inkling based on previous years & the final refund date.

But never give up that's got to be how you think about this even without tickets we still booked the time off work and remained positive we would get them even In the secret resale.

May 12th was the date last year and whatever you do infact if there is one thing you do sign up for Neil's pagetracker, I was sat at my computer for days on end last year and when the secret resale window did open it was only down to Neil's pagetracker I was able to get on there quick enough and get them the resale was over in minutes literally 3 minutes blink and you'll miss it.

Keep the faith folks, you still have this weekend fingers crossed, & failing that just stay positive it can happen!

5 hours ago, shuttlep said:

i need to hear your cow pun.

They weren't puns as such. You just had to change a song title & artist and make it cow related. I entered loads but the one that won was Fresian Heart (Graze it Up) by Florence and the Clotted Cream.

Awful but it won me a ticket!

1 minute ago, Andeeroo said:

They weren't puns as such. You just had to change a song title & artist and make it cow related. I entered loads but the one that won was Fresian Heart (Graze it Up) by Florence and the Clotted Cream.

Awful but it won me a ticket!

That's brilliant!!!

I would say people should manage their hopes, fears and expectations in the way they think is best for them. For some it's blind optimism, but for me it's accepting that there's a high I won't be successful, and that's okay. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I know people are trying to be hopeful and encouraging, and that's lovely (and there are some great stories and experiences you've had about last minute success) but I'm not sure that's always helpful. Something about managing expectations for me.