NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Driving into work listening to 'it doesn't pay to turn up late to an orgy' by Mr B, Getting my vocals in practise before I realise he's not on the line up!! Why not? 

Maybe he'll be added later? Unless he's busy elsewhere.  I wandered into the 'line up changes' thread to find Mundo Jazz have been added, which my sons will be ecstatic about. They'll have even more reason than usual to wear their 'fight capitalism for only £9.99'  t shirts.

OH just texted to say he's had the email that our tickets are on their way. Was beginning to get worried,  I think this is the latest they've been, even in 2015 when we got them in the secret resale.

Edited by dizzymoo

I've been lucky to get the tickets earlier, normally I've been waiting ages too. Now I'm sorting Twitter groups, alerts, booze and flags out. Most exciting, what ho! 

Dispatch email arrived - at last! now the anxious wait for the card through the door as it will be while me and Mr Dotty are at work - then when can we get to the post office - I am never happy until I have them in my hand - then begins the panic of losing them or having them stolen, when you add this to the stress of ticket day resale day etc I wonder why we bother sometimes - then we get to the farm and realise EXACTLY why it is all worth it.

Sunshine here - still on resale alert for you @MilkyJoe how is you "alternative" route coming along f the resale doesn't happen - I must say I am losing hope that it will.

6 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Dispatch email arrived - at last! now the anxious wait for the card through the door as it will be while me and Mr Dotty are at work - then when can we get to the post office - I am never happy until I have them in my hand - then begins the panic of losing them or having them stolen, when you add this to the stress of ticket day resale day etc I wonder why we bother sometimes - then we get to the farm and realise EXACTLY why it is all worth it.

Sunshine here - still on resale alert for you @MilkyJoe how is you "alternative" route coming along f the resale doesn't happen - I must say I am losing hope that it will.

Evening all and thanks dotty! I'm pretty much coming to the crushing realisation that a resale isn't going to happen at this late stage but I'm hanging in there! As for alternative entry sadly I won't have any news until much nearer the time...

safe jouney home @H.M.V

8 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Evening all and thanks dotty! I'm pretty much coming to the crushing realisation that a resale isn't going to happen at this late stage but I'm hanging in there! As for alternative entry sadly I won't have any news until much nearer the time...

safe jouney home @H.M.V

I'm getting the feeling that any returned tickets are being used for extra staff for searching/gate duties. Sorry @MilkyJoe but secret resales haven't been this late before. I'm very sad at this prospect for you x

11 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm getting the feeling that any returned tickets are being used for extra staff for searching/gate duties. Sorry @MilkyJoe but secret resales haven't been this late before. I'm very sad at this prospect for you x

Thanks Cg, it's been a long few weeks and to be honest I just can't see them releasing any more tickets at this late stage. Still you never know, I'm not doing much apart from having the page checkers running so it's no hassle to hang in there on the offchance!

17 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Morning all :)

Dreary, grey and w*t in Somerset today. Just hoping the outlook is a bit brighter by tomorrow morning (if you know what I mean!)

Well the weather might improve. I think we all know the rest though :(

(I am awful at predictions, so hoping the ju ju is still in effect)

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

A bit of weather god praising and you'll be fine :)

Hi all, just thought i`d pop by. Now if I remember right we did a lot of praising last year and it got us no where!!!!!! so sod the praising it`s time to start demanding...... no more sacrifices,  no more swearing undying  loyalty it`s time to say NFRNFC OR ELSE. :) 

1 hour ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

Hi all, just thought i`d pop by. Now if I remember right we did a lot of praising last year and it got us no where!!!!!! so sod the praising it`s time to start demanding...... no more sacrifices,  no more swearing undying  loyalty it`s time to say NFRNFC OR ELSE. :) 

Yeah, weather gods, you c**ts! Get your fucking act together and sort us out some twatting sunshine! :D

2 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

36 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Yeah, weather gods, you c**ts! Get your fucking act together and sort us out some twatting sunshine! :D

This is what I've been saying. Those gods have been too passive aggressive and need to put up or shut up. They've not been included on American Gods yet, so they need to up their game, to get our attention. A lot.

@lucyginger, I've been sewing too lately, transforming a mere double duvet into a high quality (ie bodged) flag pole sleeve for the van flags. I fully expect it to split on the first night in the wind.